Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I burn my 24/96 files to a DVD for listening? (Read 8801 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I burn my 24/96 files to a DVD for listening?

Hi all,

It might have been said but FooBar2000 plays my 24/96 flac files great. I'm just glad I found it. I do have 1 question if I burn those files on DVD and keep the 24/96 flac will they play on a home DVD player? Hope so.

Thanks Jack

Reply #1
If the said DVD player can play FLAC, yes.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
Hi,

If it can't what would be a good format to use and be able to keep 24/96 these files has been convert from LP records each album is 900mb and larger? I know FooBar2000 won't work with Ubuntu what would be a good player and the format of the files?

Thanks Jack

Reply #3
Moved out of the Recycle Bin/free bump. No doubt someone can suggest a simple way to get these files onto a DVD.

It would help if you could check the specifications of your player to determine whether it supports DVD-Audio. If not, you will have to burn the files as video files with a still image or similar on a DVD-Video disc. Having said that, to be honest, it will probably be easier to choose the latter option. But there are probably programs that support both, and in any case, providing any info you can about the player(s) with which you will want to use the resulting discs might help others to help you.

Reply #5
Thanks I will give it a try and little everyone know if it works. Do you know if it will work with Windows 7?

Jack

Reply #6
If you're asking about Audio DVD Creator, the developer stopped working on it in 2005. Reviews here are not good for x64 versions of Vista or Windows 7.
korth

Reply #7
A more recent and still developed Audio-DVD program. But it's a bit tech but following the guide would be no problems I think.

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

Reply #8
lplex http://audioplex.sourceforge.net/ is a console app but looks promising as well.
korth

Reply #9
If you're asking about Audio DVD Creator, the developer stopped working on it in 2005. Reviews here are not good for x64 versions of Vista or Windows 7.

Hi,

I got it to install on Windows 7 32bit but I didn't want to hear that it won't work. When I find where to get the DVD A disk I will try it. I could try reg DVD. I all ready downloaded Audio DVD Creator version 1.9.1.0 plus I downloaded MadFLAC version 1.10 and Matrix mixer version 0.30b. I found out if you get Matrix mixer you can convert 2ch audio input to AC3 5.1ch output. So I hope now it works in Windows 7 32bit.

if it don't work I will try the other 2 links.

I let everyone know what I learn from this.

Thanks everyone for the help
Jack

Reply #10
Hi all update,

I did a test on Audio DVD Creator v1.9.1.0 plus the other 2 files I downloaded. I loaded Beatles Pastmaster 1 from my master record album I  made a few years ago and it was 1.39 gb then I click next to play and it played but when I click next to record it and I  got an error cause I had no DVD in the DVD recorder so it might work I hope. What do you think?

Thanks
Jack

Reply #11
Erm, well, it sounds promising, but to be sure, you should just try it.

If it works as claimed in the link provided by Apesbrain, it should be fine and widely compatible. My concern was that any given program might write a DVD-Audio disc, which are less commonly supported, but the linked guide states that the result is a normal DVD-Video disc.

Reply #12
Just to say that the program worked 100% in Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with Windows XP SP2 compatibility settings I was able to create a DVD disc. I did not burned a disc i simply chose the build files to disk option and the files created are DVD-Video files, so it's compatible with any DVD player.

The thing is it only saves 5 audio files to each disk unless the program is registered. But anyway the program works and it's super easy to make DVD Audio compatible disks.