Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Planning an inexpensive bedroom A/V system (Read 1697 times) previous topic - next topic

Planning an inexpensive bedroom A/V system

Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a budget audio & video system for the bedroom, my wife threw a wrench in my preliminary plans by insisting she get to listen to her ipod there and she wants one of those cheapo ipod dock systems for it.  Trouble is if I get her one of those I'll be relegated to TV speakers when I go in there to watch sports or maybe play some 360. 

I need to find a way to get both our goals met, before the ipod deal I initially thought about getting a legacy receiver at some pawn shop or thrift place and some axiom M2 speakers from their factory outlet but now that is apparently "too ugly and bulky" for the bedroom .  For the bedroom my standards can be lowered quite a bit, the TV will be something like a 32" sony lcd anyway, all I want now is for my wife to be able to play her stupid ipod with a remote and for the sound from TV to be listenable because quite frankly even the best TV speakers are just not that good.

My budget is < $500 (just for the audio part of the system and dock, excluding the ipod)

So, my ideas are:

-  mini system from big box store, just have to check if they have analogue audio inputs for the TV and remotes

-  one of those Logitech 2.1 speaker systems, I'm not very familiar with how these work I think they are like powered speakers?  So I could just connect TV to speakers, then I have to find some kind of cheap dock for the ipod with remote and connect that to speakers also but I'm not sure if these kinds of docks even exist actually.

-  get my m2 speakers and legacy receiver anyway, ipod dock same as above, put a flower on receiver.. this might not work, I don't know I haven't been married that long.

I need to get sorted out here, I'm not sure what route is best I think the mini system might be easiest but if my logitech idea can work it'll probably sound better?  Of course legacy receiver + m2 speakers would be nice but decaying flowers and water pose a danger, as well as an "accidental" drop down the garbage disposal chute.

Any suggestions?

Planning an inexpensive bedroom A/V system

Reply #1
never mind.. I've decided on the cheapo system