Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lamedropXPd3 (Read 37461 times) previous topic - next topic

lamedropXPd3

Reply #50
Any chance on getting recursive directory parsing and recreating the structure in the output directory?

lamedropXPd3

Reply #51
Any chance on getting recursive directory parsing and recreating the structure in the output directory?

Not right now, but it falls within the remit of what I shall be looking at for the next version. Don't push me for a date, though, it depends how the mood takes me!!

lamedropXPd3

Reply #52
Ok.  Big thanks in advance though!

Moderation: Quoting previous message in its entirety is a waste of space.

lamedropXPd3

Reply #53
This is a great tool with the utmost utility and simplicity.  In the future, please consider the ability to drop wavpack files.

lamedropXPd3

Reply #54
This is a great tool with the utmost utility and simplicity.  In the future, please consider the ability to drop wavpack files.

I'll bear it in mind.  So you've been talking to Roberto, have you???

lamedropXPd3

Reply #55
Like I said in another thread, this program is just awesome! The more lossless formats to drop, the better 
Also, would it be possible to make a similar drop-thingy for the free Nero AAC encoder? I'd love to see that! But maybe it's more tricky since that encoder has different modes (LC, HE v. 1 and 2 etc.)?
//From the barren lands of the Northsmen

lamedropXPd3

Reply #56
If you're interested, I created this...
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=580029

EDIT: In response to DigitalDictator's post, yes it was intended for you.  I sent you a PM about copying the code from the post.  I would like to avoid creating an off-topic discussion in john33's thread.

lamedropXPd3

Reply #57
I already wrote that as a comment to the lamedropXPd v3 release, but as it's more like a feature request, it might be more appropriate in that thread. I hope that re-posting it here is allowed given that I try to put it in the more fitting thread:

Two small things I want to add:

- On my machine (XP SP3) it has -V 8.31 (approx 78 kbps) set as (default) -V value on first startup, is this intentional? For more novice users a setting of V2.5 or V3 would possibly a better default setting in order to not make someone insecure.

- Would it be possible to see the file path in the progress bar from the end and not from the beginning? Usually the path is so long that the visible part is of no real use. The end part of the file path however would make the file name visible. And while I'm at it: When encoding long files where the progress bar is moving slowly forward one can't see the path at all, which is not so helpful. I think this is intentional but I'd favour to see the path fully from beginning to the end :-)

lamedropXPd3

Reply #58
Greynol, was that link intended for me? If so, I don't know what to download, or where! 
//From the barren lands of the Northsmen

lamedropXPd3

Reply #59
john33,

Thanks for your work with lamedropXPd3.

I have been using the latest lamedropXPd3 from rarewares for testing all LAME 3.98.2 average VBR bitrates (in 0.5 step increments). It is an excellent tool for the task.

I have noticed a small bug. I have 42 precreated destination directories (21 for rock/pop/jazz/etc and 21 for classical). I would like to copy the the destination path from Windows Explorer and paste it to the "output directory options" window before starting each batch, but apparently that does not work. Right-click paste or keyboard shortcuts do not work. In addition, it is not possible to edit the path directly by typing.

I also have a feature request: since LAME now allows the -V10 -- V9.xx settings could you expand the VBR quality settings range to start from -V10 ?

EDIT

After I have published the test results you may want to check the bitrate estimation values and revise if necessary. Expect to see the results at HA in a couple of days.

lamedropXPd3

Reply #60
john33,

Thanks for your work with lamedropXPd3.

I have been using the latest lamedropXPd3 from rarewares for testing all LAME 3.98.2 average VBR bitrates (in 0.5 step increments). It is an excellent tool for the task.

I have noticed a small bug. I have 42 precreated destination directories (21 for rock/pop/jazz/etc and 21 for classical). I would like to copy the the destination path from Windows Explorer and paste it to the "output directory options" window before starting each batch, but apparently that does not work. Right-click paste or keyboard shortcuts do not work. In addition, it is not possible to edit the path directly by typing.

I also have a feature request: since LAME now allows the -V10 -- V9.xx settings could you expand the VBR quality settings range to start from -V10 ?

EDIT

After I have published the test results you may want to check the bitrate estimation values and revise if necessary. Expect to see the results at HA in a couple of days.

Hi Alex,

I'll take look at this as soon as I'm able and post back here. Thanks for your interest.

lamedropXPd3

Reply #61
John,

I was just going to download LameDropXPd and I was surprised to see version 3.01 had been released on the 23rd of October (based on LAME 3.98.2). Thanks for updating this program.

Re: lamedropXPd3

Reply #62
Dear john33, lamedropXPd 3.1 x64 does not work on my end when resampler is switched on. What could be the cause?
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #63
I'll check here and get back to you but it will probably not be until tomorrow.

Reply #64
I can confirm the problem and I know where to look for the solution. I may not be able to get to it today, but I'll try to get it sorted ASAP. Thanks for 'heads up'.

Reply #65
Dear john33, 2 weeks passed, is it turned out to be more complicated than expected?
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #66
Dear john33, 2 weeks passed, is it turned out to be more complicated than expected?
I do have working versions which I'll upload later today, but I'm not entirely happy with the solution. I'll take a deeper look at it when I have the time.

Reply #67
I tried the latest version of LameDropXP 64-but you uploaded on 2021-04-29, but it does not work with Resampler either.

Reply #68
Well they worked when I checked them before uploading, but I'll take another look when I return home. I'm away until the end of the week.