Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC in Spotyfy. Capturing a stream. Technical data is not displayed (Read 3024 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC in Spotyfy. Capturing a stream. Technical data is not displayed

I convert a streaming stream to AAC 320 kbps using SpotifyConverter link

Foobar2000 doesn't display basic information, even duration!

Media Info

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

how appropriate is it to convert to this format, can usehow appropriate is it to convert to this format, can use FLAC?

Re: AAC in Spotyfy. Capturing a stream. Technical data is not displayed

Reply #1
What you are showing is that you have an ADTS AAC file. That means that you don't have the container, just the audio stream.
Put the stream in an MP4 container and you're done.
ffmpeg is one utility that can do so, but there are other tools that can do it too.

Reply #2
MP4 container
Here's the thing! What do you think, in the settings of SpotifyConverter there is a mp4 - what is in this container-AAC? I will now try to download with these settings

Reply #3
M4A
Do you think these settings are better than traditional MP3?I got everyone's favorite AAC at the exit? Does the container M4F meet all the requirements or is it mp4 better?

FLAC
Does it make sense to convert in FLAC if the original Spotify keeps in AAC?

Reply #4
M4A is the extension that is commonly used when an MP4 container contains only audio.
If it contains audio and video, then it is usually mp4 (although m4v and mp4v are also used).

And indeed, it doesn't make much sense to get it in FLAC if you intend to listen to it only. Your disk will fill faster for no useful reason.

Reply #5
thanks. I was confused by the fact that this format is exclusive to Apple I want it to be universal and compatible with all platforms

Reply #6
thanks. I was confused by the fact that this format is exclusive to Apple I want it to be universal and compatible with all platforms

You were definitely confused because the format is NOT exclusive to Apple, and it is compatible with all platforms.

It's always best to keep any lossy audio in the same codec in which you got it,  as transcoding it to another lossy format always causes some degradation.
However it is safe to remux (i.e. losslessly copy media data) into whichever container is most appropriate for your use case.