Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging bug in 1.3.15 (and .14) (Read 983 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging bug in 1.3.15 (and .14)

I've had a few of these:
Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:
"G:\11_refuses-second-dash-in-date.flac"

I uploaded a file where the issue seems easy to isolate: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,113995.0.html

Try to replace the space in the date field by a hyphen.

Re: Tagging bug in 1.3.15 (and .14)

Reply #1
Does the same thing here (Win 10 Home).

For what it's worth, the tag is editable in dBpoweramp's Edit ID-Tag.

Reply #2
It is not that the "tag" is not editable, because it can be done if some of the others are part of the edit. Try to delete everything but this one (in fb2k) and then change it; no cigar. But if you at the same time add a character somewhere? Works. Try instead to delete tags in Mp3Tag and then change DATE in fb2k? Works.

New version uploaded, deleting "everything else" from within fb2k first, including RG and the "Remove all pictures" function.

Reply #3
I don't use MP3Tag, so I edited the Genre tag in Edit ID-Tag, then opened in fb2k and changed DATE -- no problem. How odd.

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
METADATA block #3
  type: 1 (PADDING)
  is last: true
  length: 0
Probably foobar2000 doesn't like padding with 0 length?

Reply #5
Problem with this file also exists in 1.3.13, 1.3.12, 1.3.11. But not in 1.3.10.

Reply #6
Problem with this file also exists in 1.3.13, 1.3.12, 1.3.11. But not in 1.3.10.

My guess is that it is related to this change: "FLAC tag updater tweaks to remove excess padding".

Reply #7
Thanks for the report, problem confirmed.

It would appear that libFLAC violently opposes our attempts of controlling how much padding is used.

This will be resolved in the next update.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.