Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extracting audio from a CD doesn't include all index marks (Read 4481 times) previous topic - next topic

Extracting audio from a CD doesn't include all index marks

In AA 3 (and 1.5), when extracting audio from a CD, it always used to include all index marks on the CD, which were shown in Edit View. Recently, though, it has only been extracting (or at least, only displaying) track index marks but not 'negative countdown time' index marks for the tracks.

Here is an example Cue Sheet:

REM Created by CueListTool
PERFORMER "Various"
TITLE "CD Title"
FILE "CD File name.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track 1 title"
    PERFORMER "Performer"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track 2 title"
    PERFORMER "Performer"
    INDEX 00 00:15:03
    INDEX 01 00:18:03
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track 3 title"
    PERFORMER "Performer"
    INDEX 00 01:24:33
    INDEX 01 01:27:33
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track 4 title"
    PERFORMER "Performer"
    INDEX 00 04:53:70
    INDEX 01 04:56:71

The track's 'Index 01' mark indicates the start of the track, the 'Index 00' mark indicates the start of negative countdown time for the track, in the example cue sheet, this time is 3 seconds. It is the 'Index 00' marks that are missing. Until recently, all index marks used to be extracted, and are still not extracted even after having to re-install the Win XP Pro SP2 operating system.

Using Exact Audio Copy, with the same disc in the same drive, EAC extracts the audio and a separate cue list, opening that cue list in Cue List Tool shows all the index marks; index 00 and index 01. Cue List Tool can extract the cue list from a wave file, reading the cue list from the wave file extracted by Audition shows only the index 01 marks.

I think that completely rules out the drive as the problem, which suggests that Audition isn't extracting the index 00. Audition was installed from the same disk that I always use, so quite why that is, I don't know. I tried various wave in device properties settings, which made no difference.

Does anyone know why this is so? Thanks.

Regards,

Dave.

Reply #1
It sounds like the algorithm you're using in EAC works with your drive while the one in Audition doesn't.

Reply #2
It sounds like the algorithm you're using in EAC works with your drive while the one in Audition doesn't.

I wouldn't think so, because it has always worked with Audition until recently, and there have been no changes to Audition since then.

Regards,

Dave.

Reply #5
Other than to make sure you've installed the ASPI patch (which may not be relevant with your versions) and make sure you don't have anything installed (or not installed) hindering access to the drive, I'm at a loss.

Reply #6
Other than to make sure you've installed the ASPI patch (which may not be relevant with your versions) and make sure you don't have anything installed (or not installed) hindering access to the drive, I'm at a loss.

That makes two of us! I'll check the ASPI patch but if it's not that then I'm stuck.

Regards,

Dave.