Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 437859 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #500
Is there any way to play a playlist then shutdown?

foo_scheduler

Reply #501

foo_scheduler

Reply #503
Is there any way to play a playlist then shutdown?

Event: On playback stop ;; Reason: End-of-file signal
Assign an action list which includes the Shutdown command.

When the last song of the playlist has finished, and playback stops, the event will be triggered.

foo_scheduler

Reply #504
This seems like a great app, thanks. I was wondering if there are plans to add support for tagging and other actions beyond the play/pause/shutdown behaviors. I would love to create an action list that runs automatically whenever a new track is added and does a preset list of actions I always peform on new tracks - remove embedded art, apply replaygain, fill in certain tag values and delete extraneous tags. A lot of this could be done, for instance, by calling Masstagger scripts, if those options can't be added directly to the Scheduler for some reason.

foo_scheduler

Reply #505
andrew_smolko
What about the issue I reported above:
It seems that "Playback stop / Starting new track" event doesn't really work. As far as I understand it should happen when one track finishes playing and next track starts playing. I tried to use it for action like "Stop playback after current track and hibernate" - no success.

Is it reproducable? If yes will it be fixed? Thanks!

Use "Wait until N tracks played" action. It seems that "Playback stop / Starting new track" event fires only when user clicks next/prev track button.

I don't see that action here:
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_scheduler

Reply #506
I don't see that action here:

That's the Event list.

You find Action list under it.
Click Add to create one and then right click on the list and add an action.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_scheduler

Reply #507
Andreasvb, thanks.
Is there a way to cancel sheduled task? For example, I have enabled "on menu item" event that will hibernate my pc after current track, then I've changed my mind.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_scheduler

Reply #508
File > Scheduler > Stop all action lists is the simplest way.

File > Scheduler > Status window will open a window which will allow you to stop all actions or stop actions individually.

Both of these can be assigned to buttons and/or keyboard shortcuts.

foo_scheduler

Reply #509
Hello!

I'm using the foo_scheduler for years now as my "musical morning alarmer" and I have to say that this is a fantastic plugin.
Recently I updated from foobar 09.x to final version, so I had to switch from scheduler version 3.53 to 4.10 due to compatibility reasons.

Many nice features added there - but - what the hell - the "Scheduler enabled" checkbox has gone!
To disable the scheduler completely, now I have to uncheck every separate event (and there are plenty of...).
To enable - same procedure again checking all relevant events... to quote beavis and butthead: this sucks!

What's the sense behind the elimination of that general disabling possibility?
Maybe there's a hidden feature to to the job of the old checkbox? If so, I didn't find it yet.

To be constructive instead of only grumbling (thinking in terms of sourcecode):
In old versions of the plugin there was no way to edit events / actions if "Scheduler enabled" was unchecked. This sucked a little bit too... 
To avoid this, an AND-disjunction of the event checkbox and the general "Scheduler enabled" button could be used to detect if an event is enabled or not.

Regards, Hagen

foo_scheduler

Reply #510
This seems like a great app, thanks. I was wondering if there are plans to add support for tagging and other actions beyond the play/pause/shutdown behaviors. I would love to create an action list that runs automatically whenever a new track is added and does a preset list of actions I always peform on new tracks - remove embedded art, apply replaygain, fill in certain tag values and delete extraneous tags. A lot of this could be done, for instance, by calling Masstagger scripts, if those options can't be added directly to the Scheduler for some reason.

That's actually what I would also like to do, especially for whole albums. Is there a way to link foo_scheduler to a search plugin or to create events that were manually assigned to keyboard? One could, by this, combine
a) the assignment of user defined keyboard shortcuts
b) some statistics plugin
c) foo_scheduler

to do something like
1) Assign ALT+C to "Create a playlist with all songs, that were %ADDED% during the last week; Sort by %Album%;"
2) Assign ALT+A to "select All items in the playlist"
3) Assing ALT+R to "Remove all unneccessary fields"
4) Assign ALT+N to "Normalize loudness via replaygain"
5) ...

end) On every monday , execute "ALT+C, ALT+A, ALT+R, ALT+N, ..."

foo_scheduler

Reply #511
Hi!

I have installed this nice tool today.

It would be great if I could also schedule a converting-task as a possible action. If this would be possible I could use this app for example to record something from a web-radio station.

Regards.

foo_scheduler

Reply #512
foo_scheduler cannot handle time zone changes. I was a couple time zones over and had foobar2000 running. I put it in hibernate, came back, *switched my time zone*, and couldn't figure out why my alarms were going off two hours early. Generally, you shouldn't have to do anything special in software when timezones change, so I'm not sure why foo_scheduler isn't working in this case.

I guess I'll have to remember to restart foobar2000 in the super rare cases that I switch time zones.

edit I wonder if it handles DST changes...

foo_scheduler

Reply #513
Hey, I just recently got a new computer with windows 8, and now it won't wake up from sleep like it's supposed to. If this feature is still in windows 8 (I hope it is), could you add support in the next version?

foo_scheduler

Reply #514
Hello!

I really like this plugin as well as Foobar 2000. I have a question about it though.

How do I repeat an action list to start over when it ends?

I'm trying to set it to repeat a cycle. Here's what the action list I'm using looks like.
Set active playlist "Music"
Set playback order to "Shuffle (tracks)"
Wait until 3 tracks played
Set active playlist "Misc"
Set playback order to "Repeat (playlist)"
Wait until 1 tracks played

I'd then like it to start all over from the beginning of the list, you know, switch back to Music and keep the cycle going.
I can't find an event to set up though to restart the cycle. I've tried putting "Start Playback" at the end of the list and setting the trigger to start the list with "Start Playback". The cycle does not start over.
I've also tried "Next Track", though the trigger acts again after the first song in Music plays. It sees that the track changed, and it acts mid-action list.

Perhaps I'm missing something and this feature has already been added.
Could one of you please point me in the right direction, or possibly add a "Repeating Action List" trigger event or something similar to the plugin?

All help is appreciated!

foo_scheduler

Reply #515
Hey, I just recently got a new computer with windows 8, and now it won't wake up from sleep like it's supposed to. If this feature is still in windows 8 (I hope it is), could you add support in the next version?

Nevermind, wake timers were disabled by default.

foo_scheduler

Reply #516
4.11 with "Enable scheduler" checkbox added!

foo_scheduler

Reply #517
Hello, thank you for this component

I have an unnecessary feature request, to allow for having menu item names as actions.
This would make it so you would not have to update foo_scheduler just to support a named action by the core or any component.

Having it would only make it less awkward than what I'm doing now, which is invoking foobar2000 by command line.

For example, I'm having event On playback pause (re-enable event) Back by 2 seconds
Back by 2 seconds is an action list containing:
Launch "c:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /command:"Back by 1 second""
Launch "c:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /command:"Back by 1 second""

Another example:
foobar2000.exe /command:"Stop after album"
which enables and disables foo_stopafteralbum's primary functionality.

foo_scheduler

Reply #518
I would like to use this to go between various internet streams (for example, play one stream from 9am-12pm, another from 12pm-3pm, etc). This plugin doesn't seem to work with streams. Any ideas?

foo_scheduler

Reply #519
After I changed my os to Windows 7, foo_scheduler can't wake my laptop from sleep/hibernation. The power settings should be on default, although I toyed with them and removed all admin restrictions related to waking up the computer. I also removed the password on wake up, but the issue still remains.
It works fine if I don't put the laptop to sleep and it also starts directly after I manually wake it up.
What should I do?

I also want to thank all the people that made it possible for me to wake up at 5 a.m. so many weeks in a row, as well as the userbase that helped made the plugin better. I would be still in bed if it wasn't for you.

foo_scheduler

Reply #520
looks i can't customize this plugin like this:
foobar2000 plays about 45m and exit on win and after 15min starts on win  plays from last position about 45m and exit for 15m and repeats this action over and over again.

foo_scheduler

Reply #521
looks i can't customize this plugin like this:
foobar2000 plays about 45m and exit on win and after 15min starts on win  plays from last position about 45m and exit for 15m and repeats this action over and over again.

What you want to do can be accomplished using Windows Task Scheduler to start foobar, this component (foo_scheduler) to start/stop playback and exit foobar, and the foo_playlist_attributes component to remember playback position; however, is it absolutely necessary to exit foobar for those 15 minutes?

foo_scheduler

Reply #522
I would like to use this to go between various internet streams (for example, play one stream from 9am-12pm, another from 12pm-3pm, etc). This plugin doesn't seem to work with streams. Any ideas?

Add them into separate playlists, and create different action lists for different audio streams? I know that might not be the best way but HTH.

foo_scheduler

Reply #523
Hi,

I've been using the foo_scheduler for a few months now, very happy with the results.

One thing i haven't been able to do is to schedule a sort action for the current playlist (i.e. randomize)
I would like to do this on a daily basis.

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to an action?
Or even better - add a sort action straight into the scheduler?

Thanks

foo_scheduler

Reply #524
i can't figure out, where the problem is. my system time is updated with NTPserver hourly.
the only thing left, not been checked, is the CMOS battery.
but if the CMOS would be almost empty, i would recognize this otherwise.

I couldn't reproduce the behavior you've described. Probably something is wrong with windows time correction.
I assume the scenario is the following:
* foo_scheduler inits waitable timer to go off on certain time.
* Your system time is corrected BUT the initiated timer IS NOT (if so then it's windows kernel bug).
* Multiple time corrections lead to 20 seconds delay.
* CMOS battery can be the reason for these multiple corrections.
I can suggest you try to use windows built in scheduler to reproduce the same problem. If it happens then I can't do anything because of the wrong behavior of windows during time correction.

Hi Andrew,
in the last few weeks I did everything to get the right timing in foobar-scheduler.
I replaced the CMOS, changed NTP-Settings and tested also the Windows built-in scheduler.

My results are shown in the following screenshot and look like that:

1. The System Time and the Time shown in foobar (via WSHPanel the display is delayed for 1 second) are the same. (In the picture viewable on left bottom and middle right.)
2. Windows Built-In Schedule: Scheduled a Task for 10:06 AM and Windows executes the Task exactly at 10:06:00 (you can see it executed at bottom right)
3. foobar2000: A weekly repeating Task is scheduled for every Sunday at 10:06:10 and foobar executes this Task already at 10:06:02. (You can see that the Task is already running for 2 seconds on the screenshot)

So I noticed, when I restart the PC, it works exactly.
But the longer the PC runs (and it runs & is in use 24/7 in our radio station), the longer the time-difference becomes.
I'm far away now from my 20 seconds difference now, but the result seems the same as months before.
I tried several Time Settings in Windows. Updating every 30min, every 60min, every 180 min, only 2 times a day. no difference.

Maybe I can give you my scheduler-cfg-file, to check this out more in detail?

A new thing I also noticed, is that the active Task stays in the Date-/Time-Eventlist until its actions are executed.
Is this new with 4.11 or just for me?

However, I'm still a fan of your plugin and will ever be! ;-)
greetz, dls