Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Devils message hidden in spectrogram (Read 2912 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Devils message hidden in spectrogram

Reply #1
The true devils are those DRM watermarks, not this one.

Reply #2
The true devils are those DRM watermarks, not this one.

^ What he said.  This is more of a hidden message or artistic expression than anything else.  Something that someone wants you to find.  DRM tries to hide itself like the real devil.

Reply #4
Meanwhile, at HydrogenMeaowdio.

For real? How could it even be possible? how would anyone have the patience to create such a thing?

My flabber is utterly gasted

EDIT... now a brain cell reminds me that I might have seen software that produces sound from pictures, so, I guess, picture -> sound -> spectrogram
My flabber is a little less gasted.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #5

Reply #7
Those images probably sound like a whole bunch of modem noises.

Reply #8
I tried to look up a lot of different software to do similar things.

The freeware that can do it, is vastly outdated with new forks continuing in trial/payware.
It seems if you want any updates or improvements over the ancient software that can do things like this, you need to pay for the upgraded versions.
Last I checked, anyway.

That's incredibly awesome to find out about the efforts they've put into this new game.

EDIT: the linked site involves Coagula. That was one of the options for freeware tools to do this process.
Interstingly enough, the old site...
https://www.abc.se/~re/Coagula/Coagula.html
...lists version as 1.666 for Coagula.
I like to use "HD audio" in PaulStretch. "HD audio", lol.