Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple outputs (Read 15857 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple outputs

Since I dont know where to put this topic, I feel like it fits best here. If I am mistaken, then feel free to tell me.

I have tried to search how to make my computer work with two different outputs, and I didnt find anything that would let me
play music, films or other on 3.5mm jack headphones and bluetooth headphones together. I would like that to work because
it often happens to me that I would like to show someone some song on my notebook, and i have bluetooth headphones only.
And mono sound just isnt good enough (for Pink Floyd, for example).

So I would like to know if there is a way to make Foobar work with different outputs simultaneously, with no delay as it is with
the only other way I found (software listening on output and then re-sending it to another device).

Thanks for any answers!

Multiple outputs

Reply #1
You could use ASIO4ALL, which supports sending the audio to multiple physical outputs.

Multiple outputs

Reply #2
well, i dont know if it works on my machine or if there is some failure on my side ...i have Win 7 64bit, and after instalation i didnt find any way to set up Foobar to use Asio4all as audio driver / device; i did test it in VLC player as well... nothing

Multiple outputs

Reply #3
i didnt find any way to set up Foobar to use Asio4all as audio driver / device;

You have to install the ASIO support component. It adds the new entry "ASIO Virtual Devices" to Preferences > Playback > Output, where you can add and configure ASIO devices. Also, you have to choose ASIO4ALL as your Output device in Playback > Output.

If I remember correctly, ASIO4ALL has its own UI, where you also have some configuration options that you should look at; it is long ago that I used ASIO4ALL though, maybe yanni knows more.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Multiple outputs

Reply #4
oke, this part works, now i have to go to their forum to solve that i cannot actually activate anything in the driver...

btw, it could be better to have something built-in in foobar

Multiple outputs

Reply #5
Enable advanced options (the wrench) and activate the devices you want to need.
Something like this:

Also use custom channel mappings to send your left/right channels to both devices:

Multiple outputs

Reply #6
seems like it works now... but its quite tricky to have it set, and to use properly when i have not only foobar turned on... but thanks.

Multiple outputs

Reply #7
HI

I am currently trying to do this too.

Here is the set up:  Windows 7  standard sound card, windows driver.

Foobar playing the song

USB connected to a DAC to speakers

3.5 mm jack connected to Yamaha receiver to outside speakers

I want to be able to play and hear the same song through foobar to both DAC and Yamaha

@ skullinsky

Could you give some tips on how you did it?

thanks!

O

Multiple outputs

Reply #8
Here is the list of the equipment:

Windows 7 / Foobar / USB / NAD D3020 / Speakers

Windows 7 / Foobar / Sound Card / 3.5 mm line out / Yamaha receiver / Speakers

I am trying to trick my sound card / Windows mixer into playing the same song in foobar two both receivers. I want NAD and the Yamaha amplifying the same song and the same time.

The connections are a USB cord & a 3.5 mm cord.

I want the USB so that the NAD can amplify the flac files i am playing. This is so i can listen the the NAD and speakers with beautiful sounding music.

I want the yamaha to simply pump the music the the outside speakers. I am not worried about sound quality.

I am open to hardware or software suggestions.

Re: Multiple outputs

Reply #9
Has there come any new way of sending the audio out to multiple sources, since this topic? The ASIO plugin is extremely buggy, and not at all usable. Sometimes it starts mangling up the audio in one output, and once it even made windows crash completely, with a bluescreen.

I'm trying to play music through HDMI and speakers at the same time.

Re: Multiple outputs

Reply #11
This solution worked for me using a piece of free software called Equalizer APO https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

I originally started using this software to swap left and right channels, since my new Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers had the powered speaker as the right channel and my PC was to the left of my desk and the cables wouldn't reach. I configured it to swap channels, following this guide, https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/153182-swap-left-right-audio-channels.html#post3293945 and have not seen it or used it again until today.

I decided to add back in my old powered sub which originally connected to the front speaker connection of the sound card, has a built in crossover, and powers the old Left and Right passive speakers. I wanted to connect the sub to the Center/Sub port to use with my new powered Left and Right speakers. While this seemed to work in the Winblows Sound Control Panel setting up the system as 5.1 and deselecting the center and rear speakers, I could hear the thump of the sub, but when playing 2 channel music through foobar or anything else, no sound from the sub. Equalizer APO to the rescue.

I added one filter "Copy Channels:" and selected Channel SUB = Channel L, added another assignment: Channel SUB = Channel R. Instantly my sub started working. Effectively the filter tells winblows to send the left and right channel to the sub port on the sound card. I tried changing winblows config back to 2 channel setup vs 5.1 and the sub quit working. So it's important to setup winblows for 5.1 and deselect the speakers you don't have keeping the sub channel in order to keep the sub port on the sound card active. ** Note that after applying the filter and testing the sub in Control pannel it made no sound.

The only draw back is if you play a true 5.1 channel sound this filter will probably mess with that. But it as simple as running Editor.exe and clicking the power button for the filter to toggle it off and on. No reboot required.

With this Copy Channels filter you could easily copy channels to other ports on your sound card in whatever way you want, or create multiple filters for different scenarios.