Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack support in Audacity (Read 10133 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack support in Audacity

I've been longing for WavPack support in Audacity and was wondering if there will be a plugin/filter in the future? Or does the support have to come directly from the Audacity developer(s).

WavPack support in Audacity

Reply #1
I've been longing for WavPack support in Audacity and was wondering if there will be a plugin/filter in the future? Or does the support have to come directly from the Audacity developer(s).

Given the length of time it's taken for FLAC support to even get as far as the CVS version, I wouldn't want to hold my breath for WavPack.

Re: WavPack support in Audacity

Reply #2
Given the length of time it's taken for FLAC support to even get as far as the CVS version, I wouldn't want to hold my breath for WavPack.
Audacity does support WavPack file format. Read here: Audacity WV support

Reply #3
Sure it does. 10 years have passed since the topic was made, after all.

Reply #4
Sure it does. 10 years have passed since the topic was made, after all.
And maybe somebody, like me, was searching for that info

So I kindly updated it here

Reply #5
The way you worded made you sound as if you were correcting the previous posters, possibly not noticing the time of the last post. In any case, not so important now.