Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Performanc of AC3 transient detector (Read 3817 times) previous topic - next topic

Performanc of AC3 transient detector

Hi~ 

I found a paper about use of AC3 transient detector in MPEG-2 AAC. I wonder the performance of AC3 transient detector. I think that the use of AC3 transient detector is resonable to reduce the complexity.

However, when it uses instead of PE based block switching, doesn't it affect the performance? Is there a document about this topic?

Could anyone help me, please?

Reply #1
PE based block switching is not mandatory, you are free to use whatever you want.
A few transcients detectors are described in "Computer Modelling of Sound for Transformation and Synthesis of Musical Signals", chapter 5 (available on mp3-tech.org)

I would be interested to know more about the paper you found.

Reply #2
PE based block switching is not mandatory, you are free to use whatever you want.
A few transcients detectors are described in "Computer Modelling of Sound for Transformation and Synthesis of Musical Signals", chapter 5 (available on mp3-tech.org)

I would be interested to know more about the paper you found.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340889"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you!

That paper is "Increased efficiency MPEG-2 AAC Encoding" (AES 111th convention).

Reply #3
Is this paper freely available somewhere?