Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oh no! My Plextor EAC settings! (Read 4292 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh no! My Plextor EAC settings!

Just reinstalled windows and used the "save profile" function in my old-as-hell EAC version that was installed before i reinstalled windows. Seems like it didn't really save the right profile. Guess it saved the profiled for my then un-"calibrated" shitty noname cd-r drive. The profile for my Plextor 24/10/40A was NOT saved. I'm not too good at this and it took me three hours to adjust all options for my drive the last time. So... If anybody's sitting on a profile for such a drive i'd MORE than glad if you could mail it too [a href='mailto:felching@cutey.com'][/a]

Thanks in advance...

/Mikael

Reply #1
from the old version you saved the profile to a file and were then able to import it again.
The new EAC does not work the same way. put the profile-file in the profile-dir in your EAC dir. Then select the profile in the profile tab in EAC.

Reply #2
Would work if he saved the right profile jan. 

@12345:

I mailed you my profile file of my plex 24/10/40a.

Reply #3
Originally posted by Benny.X
Would work if he saved the right profile jan.  

ahh....should read more carefully.

Reply #4
Thanks alot for the help all...

Jan S.: Profile tab? Eac  0.9 Beta 4 (which i refer to as "new") seems to work the same way as the one I had before in that way. I go to the "EAC" tab, then "Profiles"/"Load Profile". From there I can browse and find the profile file (I've tried putting it in the profile catalog too).  But anyway... It seems like I've saved the old the one for the shitty drive, so it doesn't really matter.

Benny.X: Thanks alot for mailing the profile. Hmm, weirdly enough it doesn't seem to work. When I open it the EAC window becomes smaller (was maximzed before) and doesn't seem to load it (ie. there are no write offset samples entered in the drive options tab). Could it be our drives are named differently in EAC or that we have different drive letters or something?

/Mikael

Reply #5
Originally posted by 12345

Benny.X: Thanks alot for mailing the profile. Hmm, weirdly enough it doesn't seem to work. When I open it the EAC window becomes smaller (was maximzed before) and doesn't seem to load it (ie. there are no write offset samples entered in the drive options tab). Could it be our drives are named differently in EAC or that we have different drive letters or something?

/Mikael

Maximize the window and save the profile again.

Write samples offset: True there's nothing in there, i never burn audio cd's.

write offset: -30
combined read/write offset: +68