Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 202720 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #350
well, thanks karn

Rating works good now, but i would like to add an automatic playlist with most rated songs and another playlist with most played songs, how could i do?

Reply #351
I want add %added% write in tag,3Q.

Reply #352
i would like to add an automatic playlist with most rated songs and another playlist with most played songs, how could i do?

An autoplaylist, created from a library search with (%rating% PRESENT) AND (%rating% LESS 3) would contain all tracks with both rating 1 or 2 - assuming that "most rated songs" means 'highest rated songs'.

An autoplaylist, created from a library search with %play_count% GREATER n would contain all tracks played at least n times.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #353
(%rating% LESS 3)[/color] would contain all tracks with both rating 1 or 2 - assuming that "most rated songs" means 'highest rated songs'.

hmm, I think a high rating is 4 or 5
Then you have to put: (%rating% PRESENT) AND (%rating% GREATER 3)

...unless it´s like in school (here in germany)

Reply #354
vogliadicane,

I should better have said "best rated" instead of "highest rated". Sorry for my English, most words I have to look up in the dictionary.

Reply #355
robertina, no no no, sorry for the confusion, I got you well. I just use 5 for best rated and 1 for bad tracks. Everybody has his/her own system

a little off-topic now 

Reply #356
It's all okay, vogliadicane, no confusion here   , it's was only that I am doing it the other way round and after reading your post I became unsure whether it is just me who rates his best songs with 1 and the worst with 6 and then my syntax would have been wrong indeed for the OP.

Reply #357
Hey all.

I have a question about this component.I really like the fact that you can write your playback statistics to a file rather than tags because I seed alot pf the stuff I listen to.But still when I choose reset all in foobar and have to set up the media library again all my playback stats vanish.Isn't there a way to keep them ??

Reply #358
I read through a few pages and was not able to catch an answer to my question.
My question being; is it possible to change the percentage of the song necessary to play through for it to count towards the play count?
Thanks for any help.

Reply #359
No

terry

Reply #360
Hi,

Thank you for a very useful component.

Does the Playback statistics component use relative paths (when the media library is a relative path) in its database?

I have my music on a portable drive with a portable Foobar install which uses a relative path in the Media library. When I take my portable drive to work and use it, the play lists and everything play fine, except all the ratings show a question mark, I am guessing because it does not find the music file on the absolute path it has stored?

Am I maybe doing something wrong? Any possibility this could be added as a feature?

I am using the latest Foobar, and Playback statistics component. Home laptop is Win 7, work PC is Win XP 64bit.

Thanks!

Joe

Reply #361
This issue has been fixed in recent development versions.

It will be made public whenever it is ready.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #362
Can somebody tell me how to display albums/artists/etc... by date I add to library (with %added% I think, isn't it?) in the library view?

I have read the solution with autoplaylists, but it's not what I want, because I just want to pick an album from the last ones, and not be obliged to remove all except one ...

i tried with something like $if(%added% < %today% - x days, %added%, not in the range of date)   
I know it won't work, but it's a general idea about what I'd like to have

I hope it's possible to do, it would help me a lot
Thanks by advance.

Reply #363
I didn't know is this the correct place to ask this, anyway i hope i get a suggestion. I'm a newbie, and i wanna know is this the correct way to represent my rating tag in symbols.
    $ifgreater(%rating%,4,>>>♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥<<<,$ifgreater(%rating%,3,♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  •,$ifgreater(%rating%,2,♥ ♥ ♥  •  •,$ifgreater(%rating%,1,♥ ♥  •  •  •,$ifgreater(%rating%,0,♥  •  •  •  •,)))))

Or is there any other way to make it with five hearts instead of the numerical 5.??

Reply #364
$pad($repeat(♥,%rating%),5,•)

Reply #365
$pad($repeat(?,%rating%),5,•)

thanks, its the right way to do. But the only prob i find for me is, when i want to highlight the result for 5 rating, i can't do with this. In the one i used, i just put >>?????<<, and its shown in different colour, its just cool.
Thanks, anyway if you have any other suggestion let me know. I like to learn anything new.
one more question.  When i open files from explorer, it just get overwritten on my currently active playlist. And where can i see queued files, to know which one is gonna play next.?  Also is there a way to make these playback statistics component save all its data to file tags regularly. Its difficult for me to manually go and click every files there to write stats to tag. Forgive for my bad english.

Reply #366
$ifequal(%rating%,5,>>>♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥<<<,$pad($repeat(♥,%rating%),5,•))

as for the playlist, you can goto files>preferences>shell integration and tick "set enqueue as the default action".

and also through the preferences, you can goto advanced>tools>playback statistics and enable "automatically synchronize file tags with statistics"

Reply #367
$ifequal(%rating%,5,>>>? ? ? ? ?<<<,$pad($repeat(?,%rating%),5,•))

as for the playlist, you can goto files>preferences>shell integration and tick "set enqueue as the default action".

and also through the preferences, you can goto advanced>tools>playback statistics and enable "automatically synchronize file tags with statistics"

Thanks alot, it all worked. You are one master in this,. Cheers bro.