Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MassTag Component works only sometimes under Foobar 1.42 (Read 1977 times) previous topic - next topic

MassTag Component works only sometimes under Foobar 1.42

hello

Under Default User Interface/Playlist View I have:
Name : Quality
Pattern : $if(%quality%,$repeat(★,%quality%)$repeat(☆,$sub(5,%quality%)),o)
Alignment : Left

under keyboard Shortcuts I have:
Alt+1
through
Alt+5
and Alt+0

and finally, under Tagging then Quick Tagger I have
Field Name : Quality
Values:1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 0

This scenario works only sometimes but not all the time which is quite strange.
This is true for either the ALT+(number) combination or the Context Menu selection.

Basically nothing happens most of the time, once in awhile the correct value shows up in the Quality column

The column 'Quality" does show with a placeholder of "o" which is the default as in the above script.

PS That script works perfectly for the built in Rating column when subbing Quality for Rating in the pattern.

Anyone have any thoughts or wish to give this a try on their end?  I'm surely stumped.
Thanks in advance
Rev

Re: MassTag Component works only sometimes under Foobar 1.42

Reply #1
At what point does this involve the use of masstagger? I'm a bit confused. From what I'm reading none one of what you're mentioning involves the use of masstagger.

Reply #2
Hey there,

It seems to work for me. I think I previously said put keyboard shortcuts under [context-playlist], maybe try them under [context] instead? It depends where the focus is in your layout. The tracks have to be selected somewhere. I guess [context-playlist] only works if selected in the playlist. (Sorry if I steered you wrong)

(Also yes, Quick Tagger is different from Masstagger; though Quick Tagger works fine in this situation)

Cheers :-\

Reply #3
At what point does this involve the use of masstagger? I'm a bit confused. From what I'm reading none one of what you're mentioning involves the use of masstagger.

Jazzthieve - yes I agree completely.  here's a screen capture of all the files and folders I have downloaded for Foobar since day 1. Note the one highlighted in blue.  After this component "foo_masstag.fb2k-component" was installed Quick Tagger appeared in Foobar - I was equally as stumped.  In fact note the date of the file stamp which matches the time frame this component was suggested in an earlier thread.  I've only been on this software 3 months now - still in a discovery mode its possible I downloaded the wrong component

Anamorphic - no worries I had a hunch the focus could be the issue and will try the alternate proposed.

Many thanks
Rev

Reply #4
Screen capture with Keyboard shortcuts highlighted - I had Context previously,  currently its Context Playlist, same result - default value doesn't change when right clicking.  the Context Menu for Quality selection however is more stable under Context Playlist and doesn't want to flip to another menu.  What else can I offer to aid with this situation..dump this component perhaps?

Reply #5
I'm going to unload Masstagger (found, not installed) and found also Quick Tagger loaded and start from scratch with just MassTagger - thanks for the assistance

Reply #6
MassTagger is a Component and installs in the same manner as other Components however QuickTagger is a DLL.  After downloading and installing MassTagger (I likely did not hit Apply) I opened Foobar and noted Quick Tagger (MassTagger was still grayed out) thinking Quick Tagger was a portion of a MassTagger installation.  Likely where the confusion came in as I was unaware of Quick Tagger being a separate DLL until today.  Thanks

Reply #7
Ok so this is why Quick Tagger works sometimes and doesn't work other times. 

It completely depends on the source file.

An example of this is one large FLAC file containing numerous songs that are displayed in Foobar only by the virtue of a CUE Playlist.  In this case Quick Tagger doesn't work with this "Quality" tagging method as in the above configuration or likely any other configuration for Quick Tagger

Quick Tagger Does Work if the files are truly separate FLAC tracks as an example

I'm wondering if there's a tick box to get around this that I've overlooked that would allow Quick Tagger to work under any condition

Thanks
Rev
(I wish there was a way to retitle this thread to Quick Tagger (vs. including Masstagger in the subject title)

Reply #8
foobar2000 supports only some limited set of tags in CUE files. You cannot write arbitrary tag into it.