Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Starting points for Wiki Work (Read 6709 times) previous topic - next topic

Starting points for Wiki Work

Since an (almost) empty Wiki is a somewhat frightening thing, this post is intended as a general ToDo list of smaller and bigger tasks regarding the Wiki.
  • Create Wiki pages of HA's popular sticky threads
  • An EAC set-up guide with screenshots
  • Add more meta-information (In the Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase namespace)
  • HAK: HowTo needs to be expanded
I want to emphasize what Dibrom said:
We can always continue to refactor things as we go.

Don't be afraid to add content.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #1
I've noticed that rarewares recently added a wiki to the website.

Most of the info there seems to be pertinent to the HA wiki as well.

The million dollar questions:are RW wiki and HA wiki separated efforts? Will the contents be merged in the future?

If they are separated efforts I think it will be somewhat difficult to convince people to contribute since this will bring up confusion (at least it brought up for me).

Reply #2
What beto says confuses me too. And another question: all the sections at the wiki at this moment are really empty or you already have something finished to post there?

EDIT: I got it, The old version is at the wiki main page.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!

Reply #3
ok. thank you.

IMO it looks like a unneeded paralell effort that might disperse the contributions a little bit, and despite I don't get it I'm sure rjamorim and Jan must have their reasons. 

On a personal note, I'd so much prefer that their effort were centralized in the HA wiki.

Reply #4
we should concentrate on only one wiki imho ... if rarewares wants to have one, roberto can make a link to the one here.

Reply #5
I recommend to use wikipedia style formatting in the beginning of pages eg:

'''Muine''' is open source music player for Linux/GNOME. Features automatic album-cover fetching, multiple artist and performer tags per song, ReplayGain support and more.

Not:

Open source music player for Linux/GNOME. Features automatic album-cover fetching, multiple artist and performer tags per song, ReplayGain support and more.

See:
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuva:01_monopoli_muokkaus.jpg

Reply #6
OK, I talked to Jan S. He decided to make the RW wiki read-only for the time being, since it was never our intention to take care of a whole knowledge base anyway, and it would only lead to confusion.

Best regards;

Roberto.

Reply #7
oh, now I understand 

I'd like to suggest something:

I think the best approach now would be to transfer what already has been ported to RW to HA wiki. In a future phase we could investigate on the contents that has not been ported yet from the old wiki, if that's ok with everyone.

Is there any way to automate this? Copying and pasting would be a PITA...

Reply #8
OK, I talked to Jan S. He decided to make the RW wiki read-only for the time being, since it was never our intention to take care of a whole knowledge base anyway, and it would only lead to confusion.

Best regards;

Roberto.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248026"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, despite some initial disagreements, I think both rjamorim and I have reached an understanding.

I do want to thank him and Jan and Mac for converting the content over to the new format for us, since that will make it a lot easier to reincorporate things again.

Hopefully everyone can be happy with the new setup also, though that might take a bit of work....

Reply #9
oh, now I understand  

I'd like to suggest something:

I think the best approach now would be to transfer what already has been ported to RW to HA wiki. In a future phase we could investigate on the contents that has not been ported yet from the old wiki, if that's ok with everyone.

Is there any way to automate this? Copying and pasting would be a PITA...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248029"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll see maybe if I can work some way out to kind of merge things, but in the mean time copy and paste will probably be the best bet unfortunately...

Reply #10
I found excellent german EAC howtos here. Maybe the site operators could get in touch to synchronize their efforts?
sic transit gloria mundi...