Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback stutter with fading enabled (Read 867 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback stutter with fading enabled

When I enable fading in the output settings I get short stutters when I open a software or game at fullscreen (or something that changes the resolution). That happens for all output devices. If fading is disabled, the playback is smooth. I experimented with different buffers and a fresh foobar installation but with no success. Tested on windows 10 and 11. I also noticed that this problem appeared with version 1.6.7 and is still present with 1.6.11 (1.6.6 and before is fine).

Re: Playback stutter with fading enabled

Reply #1
Similar problem with 1.6.12 version on Win10. But it doesn't matter if fading is on or off. Opening browser, some apps, heavy load on HDD and the audio is stuttering for a moment.  This didn't happen with older versions.