Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Starting foobar2000 as a service in task scheduler Windows 10 (Read 1835 times) previous topic - next topic

Starting foobar2000 as a service in task scheduler Windows 10

I want the foobar2000 media server starting at system startup, and not on login, so I added it as a task in task scheduler in Windows 10. The program starts, but there is no way to open the program window anywhere. I have to end the task in task manager and start the program manually. Opening the shortcut without ending foobar2000.exe in task manager I get error message that it's already running.

I enabled "Suppress bad shutdown dialog on startup", but running foobar2000.exe as a task in task scheduler with trigger at startup (not login), to have media server functionality without logging in, the program window is not possible to open, not in tray, but the process is running.

Window is at minimize hides, closes exit. Notification area icon is at always show.

Any solution to this, to have the media server running at start up, and have the program window available on login?

Re: Starting foobar2000 as a service in task scheduler Windows 10

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
You might try adding the /show switch to the task "Add arguments" box.

Reply #3
Thanks, I tried it, but it didn't work. No way to see the program window without ending task and restarting foobar2000.

Reply #4
The task is running, the window is not that important. If I use the computer, I made a shortcut to end it, so I just restart it. But the main problem is when it's started with Task Scheduler, it often doesn't show up as a media server in BubbleUPnP server. I have to restart foobar2000 to make it appear. I have delayed it 1 minute, to let BubbleUPnP start first. But doesn't seem to have effect.

Reply #5
Anyone? I would like the foobar2000 media server to start on Windows 10 startup, not at login.

Reply #7
Thanks. I'll try it to see if is more consistent in starting it. Or it could be problem with BubbleUPnP server finding it as a media server. I wish there could be a proper Foobar2000 media server  service installation.