Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 662791 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #625
An alternative to the above would be to implant a floating results' window. I'd imagine it sort of like the pre-set F3 command, closable and all, but only for showing Quicksearch results.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #626
Some time ago i decided to quit using all the autosend/library playlists and went over to create new playlists or to add to active playlist what i need: So i take full advantage of foobars multiple playlist and don't have anymore the evil effect that my playing playlist is overwritten.

The only component which i can't configure to act this way is Quicksearch: the search result playlist is always overwritten. So i would ask for an option that makes the search result playlist to a new one after enter is pressed - that means: the next time i do a quicksearch the old search playlist won't be overwritten but a new one created. So you even can use autosearch without having a conflict with generating playlists. For me that would be an amazing feature.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #627
another one request: relative path to custom bitmap..
Thinking Outside The Box

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #628
another one request: relative path to custom bitmap..

There is no such thing as "path to custom bitmap" ... what you select gets loaded. That's all.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #629
Hi! Thanks for this big component. I have a small request:

I do a lot of searching. When there is a string entered in the quicksearch toolbar and it has focus there is no quick way to delete the text in order to enter a new search string. At the moment I have to press escape to make the quicksearch toolbar loose focus and then press F1 for the quicksearch toolbar command which gives focus back to the quicksearch toolbar and selects the text in it. Then I can enter a new string. The old one is overitten. I'd like to achieve the same result by pressing only one button. So maybe you could make the quicksearch toolbar command select the text in the input field if it already has focus.

Thanks!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #630

I do a lot of searching. When there is a string entered in the quicksearch toolbar and it has focus there is no quick way to delete the text in order to enter a new search string. At the moment I have to press escape to make the quicksearch toolbar loose focus and then press F1 for the quicksearch toolbar command which gives focus back to the quicksearch toolbar and selects the text in it. Then I can enter a new string. The old one is overitten. I'd like to achieve the same result by pressing only one button. So maybe you could make the quicksearch toolbar command select the text in the input field if it already has focus.

Thanks!

Maybe you could use the option "Reset search string when successfull". It will clear the input field after a successfull search.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #631

Thanks!

Maybe you could use the option "Reset search string when successfull". It will clear the input field after a successfull search.

right, but it won't in case of an unsuccessful search.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #632
Thanks for great plugin. I've one question tho. I really like the inline search function and it would be awesome if there was an option to start playing the current, selected song just by hitting enter. Now it only clears the field.

So, in conclusion, you type a string into the field, hit enter and it starts playing the song currently in the center of the screen and it also clears the search bar.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #633
So, in conclusion, you type a string into the field, hit enter and it starts playing the song currently in the center of the screen and it also clears the search bar.

See Preferences --> Set focus to search results. Hitting Enter will start playing.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #634
See Preferences --> Set focus to search results. Hitting Enter will start playing.
Ah ye, it does after configuring the hotkey. But, for the first time it crashed instantly after hitting enter  It seems I can't reproduce the case.

Btw.. It was the first time Foobar crashing for me. Let's hope it was just a random bug.

EDIT: inspecting the log, it was because of foo_uie_lyrics, not this plugin.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #635

The quicksearch is outside of my foobar2000.
How can I make foobar2000 include it like above pic?
I like foobar2000 like I luv 2pac.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #636
You can't with 0.9.5 at the moment ...until the new SDK is out.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #637
I've found a bug or perhaps it's more a suggestion.

If I have two tracks named:
"abc"
"aebc"

if I search for abc I will correctly get the first track. If I then add an "e" between the "a" and "b", the search field will turn red, as if there were no tracks named "aebc".

Hope that is enough information two see my point.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #638
Hope that is enough information two see my point.

Unfortunately not. But you should look at your search mode. If it is set to playlist search this is the correct behaviour.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #639
Is "Quicksearch for same ..." a functionality of this plugin? However, it doesn't work as expected.

My quicksearch searches in the whole database and searches in this string: "%artist% %composer% %album% %work% %title% %path%"

I've got tracks in different folders, but they are from the same album, and their album value is defeinitely the same: "Karajan Gold: Grieg - Per Gynt Suites - Holberg Suite".

If I perform a quicksearch database search, all files of the album are found. If I click one of them and perform a "quicksearch for same album", only files which are close in the directory structure appear - and I have no idea why this is.

The files which are found either share the folder: "M:\Musik\Michel Klassik\Grieg\" or "M:\Musik\Michel Klassik\Sibelius\Karajan Gold - BPO\", depending from which files I right clicked...

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #640
foo_uie_quicksearch does not show up as available toolbar!? 

hi, i am using foobar2000 v0.9.5 and the foo_uie_quicksearch 2.8., but when i try to add quicksearch as a toolbar it does not show up in the available options:

i only manage to get it as a floating window, but i would like to lock it next to the other toolbars. Any way i can do this?

thanks for any help!

mono

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #641
Does not work with the Default UI.

(look 4 posts up ;-)

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #642
Is there any you could add in the ability to specify a sort string, or use the one set up in General-> Sort incoming files?
hi

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #643
Is there any you could add in the ability to specify a sort string, or use the one set up in General-> Sort incoming files?

Hi, n00b question here, but everytime I search for something using the quick search toolbar, my results are not in order (ie track numbers are all over the place), anyway to fix this problem?

Cheers

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #644

(look 4 posts up ;-)
Not exactly ..... (with 0.9.5) it is not available as a panel, but it works as an independent window, or when using "Search for same ...".

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #645

(look 4 posts up ;-)
Not exactly ..... (with 0.9.5) it is not available as a panel, but it works as an independent window, or when using "Search for same ...".

The quote was in response to the question about the toolbar,

I have tried to continue to use the context menu commands, but the component crashes my DUI setup. I have tried to live with the crashes due to the fact that "search for same" was one of my most used commands.

I really miss it. Hoping to see it return as a componet someday.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #646
Hi Nemo,

can you make the "Quicksearch for same..." query more "fuzzy"? Especially for us classical listeners this could be useful. But I think for others as well.

Problem: Inconsistent tags, this happens very easily in classical music.

Examples:
%album%: Symphony No.2 "London Symphony"
%album%: Symphony No. 2 'London'
Also, sometimes we have opus numbers in the album tag, sometimes not.

My ideas are:
1. Step, make the query fuzzy: Delete all characters except [a-z0-9], leave lowercase
Result: symphonyno2londonsymphony // symphonyno2london

2. Allow partial matches. What I mean by this:
a=symphonyno2londonsymphony
b=symphonyno2london
if (a in b) OR (b in a) MATCH

Another improvement would be, if we could define our own "quicksearch for same" queries. More important for me is e.g. the %work% tag.
Even better would be, if we could define our own "qs for same" plus a tagz based query for each. This would make it gold!

Note that "qs for same" is useful for remote controlled fb2k's...

Thanks

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #647
I second Squeller requested. Something like "Quick search for similiar ..." (I bet someone asked this before) Which work like you put what string you want to search the quicksearch toolbar and use "Match any" Search type mode. Quick search for same is too... "strict" for me.

And ability to define our own "quicksearch for same" (and "Quick search for similiar" too if you going to add it) queries like Squeller request is something I want for a long time too.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #648
Can a transparent background option be added?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #649
Hi, im using foobar 9.5.1 but the quicksearch toolbar doesn't show up?
are you going to fix this?, its very annoying to use the default search