Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: no FLAC option in prefs (Read 2089 times) previous topic - next topic

no FLAC option in prefs

have XLD running on two machines... FLAC appears and seems to work on big Mac Pro.  But on old, MacBook Pro, I only get AIFF, PCM and WAV as output options???

does it eliminate options if it thinks the processor can't handle it???  seems weird, since elapsed time is not an issue.

how do I get FLAC as an output option??

thank you

Re: no FLAC option in prefs

Reply #1
You may wish to look to their issue tracker for a beta version, if that fixes older machines. I know a snapshot build was necessary for macOS Sierra, or else none of the format support plugins would load. I don't know how that affects older machines running older OS versions.

Reply #2
thank you for that..... as a matter of fact.... and I had forgotten.... the machine is running Sierra.... good call... I'll go look... thank you.

where can I find the "issue tracker" or beta uploads???  a quick search came up empty

Reply #3
heard from developer... got a test build...seems to be working...

definitely was an issue with macOS Sierra

thank you

Reply #4
Sorry, I sometimes forget that not everyone is as resourceful as I am with finding things, so when I reference things by name, I'm just being lazy about finding them again.

In case anyone else needs to go looking:

https://sourceforge.net/p/xld/tickets/371/