Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't add music to Library (0.9.6 Final) (Read 13691 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't add music to Library (0.9.6 Final)

Reply #25
sorry to bring this up again but i have just started experiencing this problem.
whenever i put a new folder in the watched folder it will only show 1 or 2 of the tracks from it in the media library unless i rename the file & rename it back to how it was or restart Foobar.
the only thing i have done different previous to putting these files in is run WMP11 to try out the latest Illuminable codec to try out flacs.
i rescanned the folder with WMP11 which may of caused  a bit of a mess up but how can it affect files that werent even in there when this was done?
since this problem iv uninstalled the Illuminable codec, thinking it could be the cause but to no avail.
oh well, at least it set me to rest again n made me realise why i went to foobar in the first place, WMP11 is still a steaming turd!!!
oh, & im using Vista Ultimate, 32 Bit if it helps

Reply #26
Hello
First, sorry for my bad english
Second, sorry for post in this old topic

and finally, I got the same problem and when I do the "Cmd attrib -r -h -a F:\Musique\*.*", the system seems apply the new parameters only for the .jpg files and not for the mp3 files. So they don't appear in Foobar (v0.9.6.1).

If anyone have a solution to this problem.

Reply #27
Probably because your mp3 files are in subfolders of your music folder or they are flagged as system files. Try this:

cmd attrib -s -h F:\Musique\*.* /S /D
cmd attrib -s -h F:\Musique

Reply #28
Not sure if it would help but sometimes foobar doesn't want to scan certain mp3's if they are ID3v2 2.4, if I change them to ID3v2 2.3 they will be added. (made a thread about this awhile back and no response, so I would have no clue on any other way to repair them)

Reply #29
Not sure if it would help but sometimes foobar doesn't want to scan certain mp3's if they are ID3v2 2.4, if I change them to ID3v2 2.3 they will be added. (made a thread about this awhile back and no response, so I would have no clue on any other way to repair them)

Many thanks for these answers
I've tried the command but nothing change, and when I restart my PC, all my folders and songs are in Foobar

The real solution is "cmd attrib" and restart the pc

Reply #30
HI

I have the same problem. I ripped a CD today with EAC but I can't find it in the Foobar playlist. I deleted the ID Tag, have made a new ID Tag, I have used the CMD command, I restarted my computer... nothing will work. I still can't find the new files in Foobar. What is wrong??? V0.9.6.1

Reply #32
What happens if you change the filename - I had a similar problem once: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=603809

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately it does not work.....

But I noticed some strange things: I have installed the KUNG-FOO config by Br3tt. In the Library Viewer Playlist I could not find the CDs. After I changed to the Default UI I found the CDs in facets. I'm confused... When I change to Kung-Foo again it can't find the files... I dont understand it...

I also have ripped a CD with FLAC and I can't find this CD too. Tested in Default UI and Kung-Foo....