Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [bug] child windows closing on alt key press (Read 1107 times) previous topic - next topic

[bug] child windows closing on alt key press

Using 1.6.5 final, but this has been a thing for a while: pressing any keyboard combination that includes the alt key results in child windows closing (exhibiting the same behavior as pressing escape), which can be very annoying (especially for screen reader users like myself).
Some of the example child windows include file properties, preferences, about dialog, most if not all child windows.

Re: [bug] child windows closing on alt key press

Reply #1
Just discovered that this means assigning a keyboard shortcut that contains an alt key also just closes the window thus making it impossible to do so. Would be really awesome if it could be fixed. I love FB2K and it would be much better if it didn't do this.

Reply #2
Are you sure this isn't a third party component causing this problem?

Reply #3
If I make a new portable install without any third-party or even optional features, it still does it.

Reply #4
Oops. I'm so sorry. It seems as though this was caused by my screen reader plugin. After removing it, everything works properly. I'm very sorry for the false alarm. I would remove or edit the topic, but I can't find the controls to do so.

Reply #5
Try reporting it to your screen reader plugin's developer. If they listen to bug reports, they may be open to fixing the issue.

Reply #6
That would be myself. Oops. Anyhow, everything works fine now; I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Reply #7
Oh, oops. Well, good luck fixing that bug, then. Unless you already fixed it, then great, glad you found it.

Reply #8
Thank you. :)