Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Robotic voice (Read 4358 times) previous topic - next topic

Robotic voice

The channel vocoder can be used to generate a classic robotic-voice when modulated with speech, and it has found extensive use as a special effect in Hollywood.

1. What is the characteristic of robotic voice?
2. Why movie director imagine and make robot speak with such voice?
3. How does a Real robot speak? Why?

Robotic voice

Reply #1
The channel vocoder can be used to generate a classic robotic-voice when modulated with speech, and it has found extensive use as a special effect in Hollywood.

1. What is the characteristic of robotic voice?

I'd say it's monotone (constant frequency) and "buzzy" where by "buzzy" I mean a spectral envelope that a tad more flat.

Are you joking?

Cheers!
SG

Robotic voice

Reply #2
sounds like someone has a homework/writing assignment and is asking HA for answers

Robotic voice

Reply #3
I remember hearing that the traditional pirate voice we hear today ("Yarr!  Me Hearties!" etc.) was first introduced by an actor playing Long John Silver in the first Treasure Island.  Since then, everyone uses his voice when being a pirate.*  Perhaps there is a similar case for robots in film, or you look at the answer to question 1.  Of course, not all robots have the classic robot voice: HAL, as an early example.

Science.  To answer questions posed by its human master.

* Yes UK members, I am a fan of QI.
I'm on a horse.

Robotic voice

Reply #4

Never listened to R2D2 ??

Quote from: benski link=msg=0 date=
sounds like someone has a homework/writing assignment and is asking HA for answers smile.gif

Lol 

EDITED: orthography

Robotic voice

Reply #5
Why it is moved? What does "moved " mean?

Thanks.