Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 4.70.0 Released (Read 56801 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #50
Some programs have configuration options like this:-
Code: [Select]
--disable-doc
--disable-docs
--disable-documentation

They are OK for when only a library is being compiled, no frills are needed.

(I have used libwavpack.a/libwavpack.la when building EasyTAG and FFmpeg)

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #51
Late thanks are due to David from me as hybrid WavPack, IMHO, is simply the bright light at the end of the tunnel that my then-ambiguous, hard-to-manage lossy-lossless collection had become, thanks to me having to care about only ONE single APE tag per audio file now - not two or three.

Thank you ever so much for the great work, David!
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #52
Thanks David. My old PC have rather small hard disk. The extra compression option always come in handy.

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #53
bryant, isn't this incorrect? From your website: "Hybrid mode now operates as low as 2.25 bits/sample (or 196 kbps for CD audio)". Shouldn't you say something like "near CD audio" or "mostly transparent to CD audio" or something similar?

2) "Foobar2000 Advanced Audio Player (native support w/ ReplayGain & Cuesheets)" = foobar2000?

3) "Easy CD-DA Extractor" = This one changed name: it is now EZ CD Audio Converter

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #54
bryant, isn't this incorrect? From your website: "Hybrid mode now operates as low as 2.25 bits/sample (or 196 kbps for CD audio)". Shouldn't you say something like "near CD audio" or "mostly transparent to CD audio" or something similar?

By "CD audio" I mean 16/44. I don't say anything like "CD quality audio" (and in fact the quality is not very good at that minimum bitrate).

I could change the capital letter in foobar2000, but one could argue that I am just capitalizing the line (like above in the features), but I did miss "jetAudio"... 

Thanks for the name change of Easy CD-DA Extractor...I'll definitely fix that one.

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #55
...and dBpoweramp

But, I think you can skip the capitalization when you have points. I have to double check.

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #56
Any plans to add wave64 support? I recently had to encode some and had to use foobar2000 which wrote unnecessary metadata.

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #57
Any plans to add wave64 support? I recently had to encode some and had to use foobar2000 which wrote unnecessary metadata.

Yes, that is actually the next item. I have already most of the work for this in a development branch, initially implementing the CAF format

I had one question though. Should I implement wave64 and/or rf64? Does anyone know if one or the other of these has become "standard", or are they both widely used?

Thanks!

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #58
Probably whatever foobar2000 supports

As far as I can tell, only Wave64 is in the Converter. It produces a file header beginning with "riff".

It does play back both though...

WavPack 4.70.0 Released

Reply #59
Thank you David!
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.