Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUE Sheet 400+ lines problem (Read 1865 times) previous topic - next topic

CUE Sheet 400+ lines problem

OK, i new here. Dunno if anyone report this bug, but when i open some of my files (for example ASOT500) with good cue sheet foobar just send error message. CUE works in other software, and also works if i just cut original cue to 400 quota.

TYFT

Reply #1
Past posts suggest the foobar2000 team are reluctant to extend cue-sheet support beyond its original function of specifying the layout of audio CDs, i.e. beyond the Red Book standard. In this context, CDs producing cue-sheets of 400+ lines are impossible because the format is limited to 99 tracks of at least 4 s duration each, so this might have factored in foobar2000’s rejection of such files.

Various users have previously asked for extensions, e.g. allowing a cue-sheet to specify any arbitrary tag field in a REM statement, most of which have been summarily dismissed. Still, foobar2000 does support EAC’s added fields and its own ReplayGain values in cue-sheet REM statements, so that leaves up for discussion the validity of the format-compliance rationale and other factors underlying implementation or rejection of suggestions.

In this case, removing the line limit would be trivial in both execution and implications, so it’s a fair request.

Reply #2
Correcting myself: now that I consider it more carefully, one could devise such a cuesheet by including plenty of tracks and CD-Text statements, and in any case the 400 line limit is arbitrary rather than intrinsic to the specification. Whether a sensible example of such a CD layout exists or is likely to be encountered, however, is a different matter!

Reply #3