Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_continuator (Read 271847 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #226
Another request from another thread:

Now what would be awesome is if continuator could be modified so as to allow it to beat match between tracks predicated on the values of each track's BPM tag!

A great idea IMHO
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #227
Cpt. Footure Last Active 17th April 2006 - 10:29
G-Lite Last Active 24th June 2006 - 20:17

Afaics the development is discontinued, R.I.P.
But source is open, so if there are any c++ geeks out there...

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #228
Given the apparent demise of Continuator (which I really, really liked), can anyone recommend a successor?

This is one of the chief reasons I'm staying at foobar2000 v0.8.3.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #229
I've been using G-Lite's port of Continuator on a 24/7 FB2K 0.9.4.1 instance for a while now without problems.  I saw instability problems at the default settings, but once I coaxed fade-in length to 40 ms, it performed fine.  I have some 1- to 5-second bumpers in the playlist and they don't cause any problems.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #230
Is it possible to set it up to just overlap tracks? Appearently it wants to fade-in all tracks - It sounds weird.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #231
0.4.1 (2007-04-11): Ported to Foobar2000 0.9.4.2 removed MSXML buggy runtime (caused crash on exit)

modified by XPiS & Alexey Kamaev aka STALK:ER (STALK_ER) 

Download

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #232
thanks for the update - works fine so far
always liked to have a different fade-in length than crossfade length
when skipping through a track theres also no gap - nice

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #234
thank you!

crash when mode is crossfader and fade in lengh <20
no sound after crossfading when fade in lengh <40

please, can you add config page in dsp preset?
Music is my first love.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #235
I have just been listening to some music and I had a wicked idea on how to improve continuator.

Continuator is great for playing a list of shuffled songs, however when i set playback mode to default and I listen to an album that is already mixed ie ministry of sound album it sound terrible as its like playing the same song twice at the same time only out of sync.

My idea into fixing this was to implement some logic into the program like this.

IF playback mode = defaut AND next track is in same album as currently playing THEN disable continuator ELSE enable continuator

Or another way of achieving it would be

IF next songs album = current songs album AND track number of next song = track number of current song +1 THEN disable continuator ELSE enable continuator.

I only just thought of this 30sec ago but it would be sweet if implemented because then my foobar would mix when mixing is needed and leave the already mixed songs be.  Maybe one day I can work on this but in the mean time anyone feel free to beat me to it.

-vader897

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #236
IF playback mode = defaut AND next track is in same album as currently playing THEN disable continuator ELSE enable continuator

Or another way of achieving it would be

IF next songs album = current songs album AND track number of next song = track number of current song +1 THEN disable continuator ELSE enable continuator.

-vader897

That would only work if the album is an "already mixed" one. What if you play a "not mixed" album with default playback? According to your idea, that album would be played with disabled Continuator too. Bad idea... or am I getting something wrong?

Tom.
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #237
correct logic is:
crossfader is active when
playback mode is shuffle ( track)
or
next track isn't from same album track+1

more here
Music is my first love.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #238
correct logic is:
crossfader is active when
playback mode is shuffle ( track)
or
next track isn't from same album track+1

more here

I agree. I would normally not prefer to mix when i listen to any album. I would really like this option too

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #239
I was testing the CONTINUATOR tag, but was unable to get it working (tried with "off", but it still faded, regardless of the "Override mode"). Anyone got it working?

Also, I think that it would be more powerful if you could implement the earlier proposed ability to specify both fadein and fadeout settings. Bumping the old post:

CONTINUATOR-TAG (backwards-compatible):
overlap  (uses default preference-settings)
overlap,threshold_in_dB  (uses default fade-lengths)
overlap,threshold_in_dB,fadelen_in_ms_for_both  (sets fadelength for both fadeout and fadein - both will have the same value)
overlap,threshold_in_dB,fadeout_in_ms,fadein_in_ms

crossfade  (uses default preference-settings)
crossfade,fadelen_in_ms_for_both  (sets fadelength for both fadeout and fadein - both will have the same value)
crossfade,fadeout_in_ms,fadein_in_ms

gapkill (alias for "overlap,60")

off (disable continuator for this trackchange)

Note that this is a proposal and not the actual syntax.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #240
Is this plugin still being maintained by Ilya P?

If so, is it possible to get it to crossfade even when I change tracks manually? ( Like the SQR Advanced Crossfader for Winamp, http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/ )
:)

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #241
New version works witout erros on my foobar 0.9.4.3 with these settings:

But the fade between songs doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #242
It does work, just not really obvoius.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #244
Yes. I hear my songs crossfade at times, it's not *that* obvious.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #245
If I have understood this rms drop in dB correctly the song must drop at least this many dBs before the fade will happen. If you decrease this value the fade should be more noticeable. Or you could switch to crossfade which always fades a specified amount of seconds.

Hope this helps.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #246
If I have understood this rms drop in dB correctly the song must drop at least this many dBs before the fade will happen. If you decrease this value the fade should be more noticeable. Or you could switch to crossfade which always fades a specified amount of seconds.

Hope this helps.

It still does not work after adjusting the amount of dBs (decrease). It really does nothing at all! :S. I also switched back to foobar 0.8, since the COLUMNS_UI with newest foobar is not well functioning with my pc (vista-32). I cannot adjust the length of the fields (artist, title, etc..)

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #247

Hope this helps.

It still does not work after adjusting the amount of dBs (decrease). It really does nothing at all! :S. I also switched back to foobar 0.8, since the COLUMNS_UI with newest foobar is not well functioning with my pc (vista-32). I cannot adjust the length of the fields (artist, title, etc..)

For me the effect is really obvious if I use settings like CONTINUATOR crossfade[,6500]
I'm using continuator 0.4.1 with Foobar 0.9.4.3 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Value "off" doesn't work and I haven't noticed that changing threshold value would have any effect.

I'm in trouble trying to figure if fade-in fade-out is fully supported. I have tried setting like:
crossfade[6500,6500] but next track on playlist doesn't really fade-in but overlaps with previous track instead. However, whatever value I have set for fade-in length in continuator control panel is applied.

I checked Wiki Talk page and I think I'm either missing something obvious or something isn't working.

I really wish there would be "continuator for dummies" or any better documentation for this component. It's must have piece for me even without using CONTINUATOR tags. It would just make so much easier to make transitions between studio / live material or if playlist spans multiple genres of music (I'm a DJ).

It would really help usability a lot if override settings could be applied to file via button in continuator settings.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #248

Hope this helps.

Two things:
  • I don't understand your choice for fade-in value (6815 ms).  I found this value to touchy in my setup of the last Continuator release with FB2k 0.9.4.3.  I use 40ms.  This should produce an imperceptible fade-in of the new track, which is what I use Continuator for: threshold-based mixing without fades.
  • Make sure you put Continuator at the top of your "Active DSPs" stack, so that the source files aren't being modified by other DSPs before Continuator gets a chance to look at them.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #249
Sorry if i sound like a dummy but can anyone tell me the best settings for this plugin? i love trance music