Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with music playback on Android (Read 2427 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with music playback on Android

I have a Tegra Note 7 tablet from Nvidia with KitKat and everytime I try and listen to music there are always jumps and skips regardless of codec.  However, when I listen to the same files on my iPod Touch 4th Gen everything plays perfectly.  Is this an inherent problem with Android or is there anything I can do to stop music from jumping?  If it helps I'm using the latest version of Poweramp, the paid version.  However I've also tried Google Play Music and Deadbeef but get similar results.

Reply #1
Root it, install a custom kernel. That's fixed more audio problems for me than I can shake a stick at.

Reply #2
It is certainly not an inherent problem of Android. Although I'd make sure it's an inherent problem with the Tegra Note 7 first, before installing a custom kernel. If the kernel solves this by maintaining a higher CPU speed it will likely reduce battery life.