Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File type .wav, looks sounds like noise? (Read 1601 times) previous topic - next topic

File type .wav, looks sounds like noise?

Solved, question below for reference. WASAPI using digital output of sound card, 16bit works. 24bit did not work, dts_input component stopped immediately, so I removed it. Foobar still only "sees" noise, but manages the .cue file and otherwise works fine.

I'm messing with a file I found with no special info in a folder of music files on my drive. It says in properties its .wav, foobar opens it and plays what looks and sounds like noise reporting PCM 1411k stereo. I'm thinking maybe something dumb happened during the rip and the file is a different type, or just messed up.