Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do you have an iPod Classic? (Read 8459 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you have an iPod Classic?

Reply #25
Since my model is only 4 GB, I've recently started compressing everything on it to 128 kb/s AAC with the QuickTime encoder, to save space.

That's not necessary. You can select the option to re-encode everything to AAC/128 during the sync. So you can keep all you stuff in best quality while your iPod receives only the re-encoded stuff.

Reply #26
I have a 6th gen 160 GB Classic, and I quite like it, although I do prefer the scroll wheel on my previous 5th gen "Classic". (feel/tactile response)

Almost 14,000 songs, in my preferred/tested format of Lame V2 MP3. (I've got 10X that much, but have been lazy choosing what I want to sync over haha)

I rip my CDs with EAC in secure test & copy mode, to FLAC (for my archive library), and do any conversions with foobar2000 (for my MP3 library - ipod). I edit tags with MP3Tag. Foobar + foo_dop for ipod syncing. (now, if only I could figure this out...)

I listen to it in my car via the headphone jack > AUX IN. (the cable was a gift & I haven't replaced it with a line-out cable yet - I actually like how it sits nicely in my cup holder this way) It works fine tho. (and that may be the setup some people use RE: battery life discussion)

It gets plugged into other people's hifi's at parties sometimes - works great. (i love portable players for that kind of aspect) I also use it camping etc. with an Ion Tailgater - great stuff.

At work, it's like this for my entire 10 hour shift: iPod > line out > Fiio E11 > Denon AH-D2000 headphones. Heaven!

<3
The same except different.

Reply #27
They fixed the EQ clipping on iOS5, IIRC, but, at the same time, they completely borked Sound Check, it gets disabled when you skip a song. Crossing fingers for iOS6!

^Which means that they're aware of the problem, but can't be bothered to fix it on previous iPods.

Reply #28
Glad I never use EQ on my iPod Classic.