Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC ripped my CD but I can't see the folder (Read 2259 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC ripped my CD but I can't see the folder

I'm sorry if this was already posted.  I can't find it on Google.

I ripped a CD and it shows as finished in EAC, but if I go to the Music folder through the Windows Start Menu it isn't there.  I tried creating the folder manually but Windows stopped me because it said there was already a folder with the same name.  Some other post said it might be hidden so I enabled "show hidden folders" in File Explorer.  Still nothing.

The EAC version I used is "V1.3 From 2. September 2016"
My Windows 10 build number (if it matters) is build 17134.

Maybe it's because the album is from 1998 and something changed since then.  If there isn't a reply by the time I get home from work I'll try ripping a newer CD and post the results here.  I know the problem is at least not DRM-related.

Re: EAC ripped my CD but I can't see the folder

Reply #1
What are your settings in "EAC Options" for destination directory and filename scheme?

Try ripping to another destination, e.g. C:\RIPS

Reply #2
It probably got virtualized because you ripped it to a system directory?

Reply #3
Changing the directory from the default helped.  I made a folder myself instead of letting EAC make one automatically just to be sure.