Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replay gain crashes my windows 10... :-/ (Read 978 times) previous topic - next topic

Replay gain crashes my windows 10... :-/

Hey,

Since some hours i got the problem that my win 10 crashes if i select something and want to apply
replay gain on track...
Only thing that has changed is that i installed a tool called "cobian backup" for making copies of my music folder.
I think it crashed 3 times, Possibly cobian was running/copying files at that time...
I am feared of trying replay gain again, cause i dont want to risk a crash again, and lose data of other program

maybe someone can tell me if this is a foobar problem or something else...

Re: Replay gain crashes my windows 10... :-/

Reply #1
Hmm i guess it really was that backup tool, which caused it..

Reply #2
foobar2000 doesn't run in kernel mode and user mode programs can't crash the OS. Buggy device drivers and other kernel mode code can. I'm not familiar with Cobian backup but a backup solution shouldn't need to run in kernel mode either. The problem could be for example bugged storage drivers, if you use some third party drivers instead of built-in OS provided ones.

Reply #3
Maybe something related to this? I know someone who had that problem while they were doing something in Visual Studio 2017, so it's not just Cortana and Chrome.

Reply #4
Thank you for your posts... :)
It seems to be cobian that causes the problem as i have mentioned above.
But even if that is the solution, im still wondering why this can happen :D

Reply #5
@kode54
I think the article is about system freezes.
What i had were crashes (win 10 blue / error screen).
Must have been some acces conflict on the hdd.

Reply #6
What was reason / code stated on blue screen or in system journal? Maybe hdd or its cable is faulty - or as other suggested, it's buggy driver for storage controller.

Reply #7
mmh, as i said it seems to be caused by cobian. It did not happen again since the day i wrote about it...
..Problems  gone i'm happy, but i will mabye post here again if the problem reappears