Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sample rate convert? (Read 3230 times) previous topic - next topic

sample rate convert?

hello,
      I want to know the sample rate convert algorithms, anyone help me? Thanks for reply.

sample rate convert?

Reply #1
Simple (bad quality, great speed):

From 44100 to 22050: Throw away every 2nd sample.

High quality:

from 44100 to 22050:
Low-pass filter the 44100 signal at 1/2 frequency (e.g. using a 160-tap convolution filter as resample.c does...)
Throw away every 2nd sample from the resulting set to get a clean 22050 signal.

sample rate convert?

Reply #2
Good answer

Just out of interest : I've resampled a few things from 48khz to 44.1khz in Cool Edit Pro - how do you guys rate that as a resampler?

sample rate convert?

Reply #3
Ideally to go from 48000 to 44100 (or back), first "simple" replicate to 147x48000 = 7056000 Hz, then do the low pass filter and "simple" resample back by a factor 160 to get a 44100 signal. Simple as that.

You can tell by the speed which method is being used... Not sure about CE, but there are proggies doing it right.

sample rate convert?

Reply #4
(e.g. using a 160-tap convolution filter as resample.c does...)

Where can i find resample.c? Thanks.

sample rate convert?

Reply #5
What about using the one and only resampler, SSRC.exe from Naoki Shibata ?

If you like comfort, use BeSweet including BeSweetGUI from www.doom9.org. Just opne your WAV, select WAV as output and set the output sampling rate in the SSRC window ....