Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: looking for an usb audio reader with line out to connect to an amp (Read 2000 times) previous topic - next topic

looking for an usb audio reader with line out to connect to an amp

hi
i'm looking a simple device , an usb (or other memory card) audio reader to connect via line out to an amp

i would like this device could read mp3 and other audio formats and connect to an amp via line out and not via headphone

i have searched around internet ,haven't found a decend simple device

any adivses are really welcome , and please an audio reader easy to find in wester europe

i really don't care about high definition , just a reader with a display
thanks
best regards

Re: looking for an usb audio reader with line out to connect to an amp

Reply #1
hi
i'm looking a simple device , an usb (or other memory card) audio reader to connect via line out to an amp

i would like this device could read mp3 and other audio formats and connect to an amp via line out and not via headphone

any adivses are really welcome , and please an audio reader easy to find in wester europe

thanks
best regards

I think a FiiO E17K would suffice. It has an USB input and headphone and Line output.
It also has line and digital coax input if needed.

Edit: PS. I see a E10K would fit perfectly in your situation. No battery required and cheaper.

Reply #2
hi

thanks
best regards

I think a FiiO E17K would suffice. It has an USB input and headphone and Line output.
It also has line and digital coax input if needed.

Edit: PS. I see a E10K would fit perfectly in your situation. No battery required and cheaper.
hi
i'm watching the FiiO E17K  , but in their site they don't way what audio formats does it support
and they don't say about it's internal memory
i guess it's need always to be connected to a pc?
or can i fill it up of audio , and connect it to an amp?
sadly english is not my native language , i'm looking for an audio reader to connect to an amp with line out
with the possibilty to plug an usb stick with lots of songs
thanks

Reply #3
It sounds like you want an iPod or some other portable audio player.   (As far as I know, the iPod doesn't support external storage.)  Here is a portable player with microSD slots.

and connect to an amp via line out and not via headphone
A headphone output will work into a line-input.    The voltage levels are similar (depending on the volume control).    The main difference is that a headphone output is capable of driving the lower-impedance headphone load.   It has no trouble with the higher-impedance line input.   (And of course, the headphone-out always has a volume control but some line-outputs don't.)

Reply #4
It sounds like you want an iPod or some other portable audio player.   (As far as I know, the iPod doesn't support external storage.)  Here is a portable player with microSD slots.
hi
but is so hard to find a device not big like an standard cd player , that let me use usb stick to play music or other memory cards , maybe with the support of not only mp3 audio format
or a decent portable audio player with a line out , in the past i had sansa (but the battery died very quickly less then 1 year)
i need to use seldom , just to use at my home or my friends home (mostly in the summer where it's very hot! )
about audio portable player i don't want to spend a lot just because i can transform my samsung s3 or s4 in audio player and i guess foobar for android it a greap app , without eq sadly
thanks DVDdoug

Reply #5
Or try luck with some cheap chinese portable player. Check head-fi etc. thread for complaints and firmware maturity.

Rockbox compatible device would be safer choice, but not very cheap options available.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rockbox-xduoo-x3.803844/

Some devices have 3rd party ports.

Reply #6
If only for occasional use surely your samsung, or any old android phone, will do the job? Android gives you full file compatibility and many app and eq options.