Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Way to bulk delete Music files from Foobar and Hardrive at the same time? (Read 759 times) previous topic - next topic

Way to bulk delete Music files from Foobar and Hardrive at the same time?

Example in Serato selecting multiple songs and Ctrl+Del deletes from Serato but doing Ctrl+Shift+Del deletes from Hardrive as well(puts them into recycle bin)

I tend to use Foobar a lot to organise and edit Tags so would like to be able to bulk delete files from my Hardrive from within it as well as navigating to specific location on Hardrive for each Tune using 'right click/navigate to containing folder 30 times is nonsense.
Help a Brother you wonderful people :)

Re: Way to bulk delete Music files from Foobar and Hardrive at the same time?

Reply #1
Usually what I do is select files in foobar, right click, file operations, delete file.

Reply #2
Doh!!!!
I feel so stupid now lol.
It was right there all along in the right click menu 2 below the one i was using, it even has a Hotkey Ctrl+Del.
Thanks for making me look stupid :)

Reply #3
You can make the same shortcut key for that in foobar too at

File / Preferences / Keyboard Shortcuts
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #4
Yes it actually has Ctrl+Del listed on the Right Click menu already as the Shortcut so i don't even need to make one myself :)
Foobar is such an awesome program :)
I already use a great addon 'Masstagger' to make scripts to which i then add shortcuts too beyond whats even available as default and default has you covered for a whole lot from the off :)
Thanks for the help folks :)