This is the code executing from foo_rgscan:
624DDC37: DD 05 08 B9 03 10 fld qword ptr ds:[6250B908h] ; (reading: -666000000)
624DDC3D: D8 D9 fcomp st(1) ; (contains: 1#QNAN)
624DDC3F: DF E0 fnstsw ax
624DDC41: F6 C4 05 test ah,5
624DDC44: 7A 08 jp 624DDC4E
624DDC4E: DD D8 fstp st(0) ; CRASH
I don't know what to make of this. Peter will need to look at this now. I'll forward the PM to him.
All i needed to do was sort by track number in the context menu (which sorts everything by track number) then re-sort by default.
Thought i'd post in the hope this can help someone.
And another plug for Igorrr!
I don't know if this is possible, and if it isn't I don't know how easy it would be to make possible Or where I should request it...?
So I run two monitors and have over the years set things up just how I like them. Here's a screenshot:
I surf the net etc on the right screen. Between Chrome and the Windows taskbar is the title bar of foobar showing me all of the info I want to know about the currently playing track (the rest of foobar is below it off screen). When I want to access my collection or do anything in foobar, I can double click the title bar to give me a full screen of foobar. Double clicking again returns it to base. Lovely! On the left screen I have the album artwork displayed. I use Popup Panels for that.
The trouble is that I've been using clone screens recently and when I switch to/from clone and extended desktop, two things happen:
- Foobar doesn't stay in the same place. The part that was previously hidden off screen is now in sight, taking up just under half of the screen.
- The artwork doesn't stay on the Left screen (which is secondary in my set up) but instead comes over to the right screen.
And that totally messes things up!
Is there anything I can do to stop that behaviour? Or any other workarounds that people can think off? I love my set up but that really ruins it.
Hope it all makes sense!!!
Trying to show that this DolbyA problem is existent from MANY sources, not just a few select places. Just using a 'tone control' wont help -- there'll always be the distortions in dynamic range without decoding properly.
I have also found that the threshold value is not extremely critical except in a few cases... ABBAs "Under Attack" is VERY critical, and needs to be set within approx 0.25dB. Most are happy with -13.50 through -15.25dB, where -14.0 works well most of the time.
-raw.mp3 --- an mp3 compressed version of the original DolbyA encoded material.
-DAdecodeOnly.mp3 -- an mp3 compressed version of the pseudo-DolbyA decoded material.
-full.mp3 -- fully finalized version of the material above.
The biggest difference that you might notice is that the decoded versions have less hiss and less ambience (as one would expect from an expanded version.)
On selected material, the 'full' finalizer processing was also done to demonstrate what the 'decodedonly' version might sound like on a real disk/CD or whatever.
If this material was not DolbyA encoded, there would be severe loss of HF, surging (inconsistent levels -- esp for transients) and general ugly sound.
My guess is that at least 1/2 of the material that I have recently purchased/acquired (and even some YouTube stuff) can be improved by doing a DolbyA decode. One example that needs DolbyA decoding is the Carpenters album being sold on HDTracks, but the 'uncompressed' version of a paul mccartney album is NOT DolbyA encoded and sounds bad after trying to do a DolbyA decode.
The 'full' processing uses some very high quality expansion, compression and EQ -- and is only meant to show what the music CAN sound like. I didn't do the full processing to every example because it can take a few hours to set-up the proper parameters for the full processing, and I don't think that is the primary reason for this discussion anyway.
I am using a new repository, and the location follows:
Let me know what you think!!!
Occasionally an album will show up in my playlist showing tracks sorted alphabetically rather than by track number. I've tried adjusting 'sort incoming' in shell integration and sort format under the playlist settings but nothing changes with the affected album(s). Am i right in thinking that if my sort order was off, that would affect all albums anyway rather than just a handful?
I've tried removing and redoing tags using mp3tag but again, no joy.
I'm using Tedgo's DarkOne V4 Mod by the way.
If there's any info i've left out that could help please let me know, any help will be much appreciated.
Wouldn't the vast majority of cassettes be the ones we made ourselves?Yeah. But... from what? FM radio recordings were going to sound crap anyway. And if you had a CD player, then you wouldn't bother with cassettes to begin with. And almost no one I knew was buying metal grade cassettes anyway, only normal and chrome. Which I why I believe that the majority of people don't actually know how good cassette can actually sound.
I found a video about exactly this subject. "Cassettes - better than you don't remember":
Pre-CD-Players: I made cassettes of records with scratches. The lesser dynamic range slightly softened the blow, and I did not have to wince at what the scratch might be doing to the stylus.
Post-CD-Players: I didn't get one for quite a while. and even when I did, it was a while before cars caught up.
...And, portable music in general. Walking around with a couple of "albums" under one's arm was certainly a thing, but tapes were smaller, lighter, and loss or damage was trivial compared to the vinyl source. Not to mention the give-away copies that were claimed to be "killing music" or some such stuff they used to print on the sleeve.
Oh, portable music. I nearly forgot an era of portable tape players that seemed to go on for a long time.
Yes, I made a lot of tapes from LPs.