Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Speex in a WAV wrapper? (Read 4640 times) previous topic - next topic

Speex in a WAV wrapper?

I'm currently auditing audio codecs to use in some AV files of my TV show that I will be providing to listeners on my website, and I would like to give Speex a try.

But I need it in a WAV wrapper so I can mux it into an AVI. I found DShow filters for Speex on the main website.

I've read it comes in an OGG wrapper by default.

Are there any tools out there that can help me?

Thanks!

Speex in a WAV wrapper?

Reply #1
wrapper = container !

There is an Speex ACM codec from Christian Buchner, it can be used to put Speex in WAV and even AVI.

However, as Speex is VBR by default, the resulting AVI will be out of sync, so its no use at all for what you are trying to do ....

Speex in a WAV wrapper?

Reply #2
So would you recommend leaving the audio in the OGG wrapper and mux'ing in the video, or should I give Matroska a spin? 

I would still like them to be playable in WMP, I believe that there is a DShow filter for OGM, but is there one for Matroska yet?

Speex in a WAV wrapper?

Reply #3
wrapper = container !

There is an Speex ACM codec from Christian Buchner, it can be used to put Speex in WAV and even AVI.

However, as Speex is VBR by default, the resulting AVI will be out of sync, so its no use at all for what you are trying to do ....

The ACM codec is not VBR, and i haven't experienced any sync issues. It's safe to use.