Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 252606 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #225
right click a track in your playlist>Last.fm>Last.fm love....

you can check the console to see if it worked.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #229
the proxy is working at last, thanks.

but strange behavior with fetching the loved tracks still remains - now, with 3000 tracks limit set in preferences, i got only 46 from 'overall loved' (instead of 1k+).
is it last.fm api glitch?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #230
I have about 400 loved tracks and they all get fetched and matched.
What is your last.fm username?
Do you get a long list of unmatched pairs in the console?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #231
i just tested with someone's account that has 1800 loved tracks. the API craps out around 1500 (tested in a web browser). l'm surprised they let you grab that many at once as most other services are limited to 50 and if you want the whole lot, you have to fetch paginated results.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #232
New version:
Soft Playlists 2010-08-11.2
-fetching more than 1500 loved tracks should now work
-using foobar internal http interface which mean proxy should now work
-fixed startup delay issue

foo_softplaylists

Reply #233
but strange behavior with fetching the loved tracks still remains - now, with 3000 tracks limit set in preferences, i got only 46 from 'overall loved' (instead of 1k+).
is it last.fm api glitch?
Can you confirm this works now?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #234
Can you confirm this works now?

unfortunately, the same thing, 46 tracks (the order seems to be correct though).

console shows the following:

foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Kruder & Dorfmeister' - 'Roni Size / Heroes (Kruder's Long Loose Bossa)'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'DJ Shadow' - 'Excessive Ephemera 2'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Kruder & Dorfmeister' - 'Depeche Mode / Useless (K&D Session)'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Jackson 5' - 'Maybe Tomorrow'

btw, my page is here - http://www.last.fm/user/bashirov

foo_softplaylists

Reply #235
Works here so probably something proxy related and difficult to track down.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #236
Works here so probably something proxy related and difficult to track down.

Last time I tried this at home, with no proxies.

It's weird, but it looks like as some kind of caching is performed on server side.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #237
I have one request.
your component handle xpsf playlists without paths.
It would be awesome if it could read/write paths (<location>) too (optional).
foo_xspf doesn't work on 64 bit OS and it seems it is not develop any longer.
cheers m.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #239
Nice work. Wanted to make something similar to foobar2000, but since I suck on C/C++ it poured out in the sand.
Instead I published a site with similar features: http://lastm3u.powha.net/

However, could you add an option to use an more "greedy" match algorithm? Like the library search?
Perhaps this will be slower and sometimes match more than one track, but if it is an option I don't see the problem.

Example
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Torture Division' - 'Bludgeoning Your Flesh Into Dust'
In library: 'Torture Division' - 'Bludgeoning Your Flesh Into Du'
The library search does this match, perhaps this is because the library also searches the filename?

Another thing, I often use the "Save All As..." when right clicking the playlist view, could you add support for XSPF there?

Cheers and thank you for a great plugin.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #240
New version:
Soft Playlists 2010-08-16
-added option to prefer latest or oldest tracks
-matching 100000 tracks in a library of 20000 tracks is now 9x faster, now takes 870ms on a core i7

foo_softplaylists

Reply #241
Hi Johan, I'm curious if you have given any more consideration to this behavior. Now that I am using Windows 7 foo_scrobblecharts.dll crashes so your component is my only option. I would imagine this is a problem in both cases where lastfm charts has song names with parenthesis and the client does not and vice versa.

Here's a bug.

If a song name has parentheses or square brackets in it, it won't be matched to the last.fm charts. This is not a problem with foo_scrobblecharts.dll. Please consider adding an option to neglect the appended strings in parenthesis and brackets since the naming convention most popular on lastfm generally neglects them as well.

Compare the top charts created by foo_scrobblecharts.dll and foo_softplaylists.dll.

First foo_scrobblecharts.dll for the artist Antônio Carlos Jobim.
Code: [Select]
Insensatez
Desafinado (Off Key)
Triste
Corcovado (Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars)
Água De Beber
Águas De Março (Waters Of March)
Vivo Sonhando
O Grande Amor
Favela
Borzeguim

Now foo_softplaylists.dll for the same artist.
Code: [Select]
Insensatez
Triste
Água De Beber
Vivo Sonhando
O Grande Amor
Favela
Borzeguim

foo_softplaylists

Reply #243
Hi.  I was playing with the XSPF functionality, and some concerns came up (similar to what I see some others have already expressed).  You see, a significant part of my library is multi-disc releases.  I *really* dislike tacking "(disc 2)" to the end of a release title, because I prefer to treat them as a single album.  So instead, I use a disc-number tag.  So for track-number to make any real sense, album + disc-number + track-number is needed.

I tried digging into the XSPF specs a little, and it looks like disc-number is not explicitly supported, but maybe you know some way around that.  Alternatively, someone mentioned musicbrainz IDs.  This would work great for me (MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID, specifically), since nearly everything in my library has those tags.

Thanks.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #244
Function "Love Track" crashes the player most of the time.
And if there is no crash, the interface freezes for several seconds before operation succeeds.

foobar 1.0 & 1.1, Soft Playlists 2010-08-16, Win 7 x64.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #245
It seems it cannot love a streaming radio like soma fm.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #246
For me it can in principle love tracks from foo_lastfm_radio. But crashes as often as with my local tracks.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #247
it crashes when i try to love a song name containing "#" or "/" character. like:

"Les Baxter - Chopin / Prelude #4 In E Minor"

beside that there's no problem...

Function "Love Track" crashes the player most of the time.
And if there is no crash, the interface freezes for several seconds before operation succeeds.

foobar 1.0 & 1.1, Soft Playlists 2010-08-16, Win 7 x64.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #248
krisimov
I think that's different problem.

I try to love the same track for example 5 times, it crashes 4 times and 1 time succeeds.