Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Burning Software with CD-text and Gapless Support (Read 5860 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Burning Software with CD-text and Gapless Support

I am looking for software to make simple CD's from MP3's with two features:
1. LAME gapless support
2. Write CD-text based on the ID3 tags

Nero is nice but doesn't do gapless (unless there is a trick to it that I'm not aware of).

Burnatonce seems perfect, but it reads the track names as junk such as "ÿþL" (this is what I currently use, but I have to enter all the CD-text info manually).

Reply #1
Have you tried Burrrn?

Reply #2
I would recommend Burrrn for writing audio CDs. It supports all needed formats out-of-the-box including FLAC/WavPack/APE images with embedded cuesheets, all EAC's cuesheets(even the non-compliant), ReplayGain processing and all this without being the least bit bloated and also features a great simplistic interface which gets the job done quickly and with minimum fuzz. It transfers metadata from tags to CD-TEXT + gives gap-less decoded output from lame.exe encoded files with the stored amount of encoder delay/padding in it's LAME info tag(standard lame.exe without Burrrn's "magic" dosen't skip the trailling padding, unless using the latest v3.98alpha with John33's mpglib fixes).

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

CU, Martin.

Edit: Beaten by Daffy

Reply #3
I am looking for software to make simple CD's from MP3's with two features:
1. LAME gapless support
2. Write CD-text based on the ID3 tags

Nero is nice but doesn't do gapless (unless there is a trick to it that I'm not aware of).

Burnatonce seems perfect, but it reads the track names as junk such as "ÿþL" (this is what I currently use, but I have to enter all the CD-text info manually).

iTunes 7 does this.

And before someone comments:
  • Yes it does have CD-TEXT burn support
  • Yes it has LAME gapless
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Reply #4
Thanks, both Burrrn and iTunes look like great suggestions (I never even considered iTunes, even though I have it on account of the 'pod).

Reply #5
You have to go into the iTunes preferences to enable CD-TEXT, but it is in there and on the very few CD's I have burned, it worked flawlessly.
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Reply #6
[deleted]