Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to obtain true hi rez audio via YouTube? (Read 14226 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How to obtain true hi rez audio via YouTube?

Reply #25
Times change. I have created a tutorial in which I show how it is possible for everyone to publish high-quality sound (opus @ 160kbps) on YouTube. See here: '2019 How to Upload Best Audio Quality to YouTube. Opus for All. ' → https://youtu.be/yjBIzNId5Yk

Reply #26
Times change. I have created a tutorial in which I show how it is possible for everyone to publish high-quality sound (opus @ 160kbps) on YouTube.
160kbps Opus may be perfectly adequate but it's not "high resolution".   

And, are you sure YouTube won't transcode it?    They may be transcoding everything, even if it doesn't need it... I don't know...

Reply #27
If you want the best audio on youtube, just export with a lossless audio codec (FLAC and WAV will work) to avoid transcoding, or the highest quality AAC available (surprisingly, AAC handles transcoding very well). Better safe than sound, I wouldn't trust youtube to not transcode audio, and I also believe that id 251 is always targeting 128kb/s and the OPUS VBR is raising it up depending on the content. You can see this behavior when encoding OPUS files in VBR manually, depending on the content the average bitrate can go up to double the target value.