Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2000 with Yamaha WXC-50 ? (Read 2927 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 2000 with Yamaha WXC-50 ?

Hi,

I am new here on the forum and I would like to ask for some advise here. I am using Foobar 2000 for many years now with a slightly convoluted connection to my amplifier due to some physical separation between my PC and my audio gear.  Please see attached block diagram. Effectively on a Win10 machine  Foobar plays to a USB sound card on my Network. This worked just fine in the past but lately this is getting glitchy and unreliable. I am guessing there is some sort of a driver issue (32bit) with the Edirol UA-1EX been too far outdated. Possibly I might also have a driver issue issue with the Silex USB Device Server device. Win10 seems to connect to the silex and Edirol but after connection Win10 does not seem to see the Edirol and so Foobar does not see this device either. This is getting annoying and I am looking for a solution.

I now have a Yamaha WXC-50 and was wondering if I can convince Foobar 2000 to play to this device via the network as this would eliminate the need for the Silex and Edirol.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxc-50

https://www.silextechnology.com/sx-ds-3000wn

Re: Foobar 2000 with Yamaha WXC-50 ?

Reply #1
According to the manual, the WXC-50 supports DLNA, so try foo_out_upnp or foo_upnp.

I think foo_out_upnp will work more like your current setup.

Reply #2
Thanks for the advise, I will give this a try.

Edit:

foo_out_upnp works well for me. Many Thanks for pointing me to this plugin.

Now, If I could only convince other programs such as Firefox to use the WXC-50 as well.

Reply #4
Hi Roseval,

many Thanks for pointing me to this product. This is useful. It seems to function about the same at the Silex unit I have. Only difference, the Silex is not dedicated to one specific computer and can be accessed from any computer on the same network.

Reply #7
Oh no, scary results from VirusTotal, whatever will we do?

Reply #8
Hello,

-again.
Well, now that I have this working - sort of -, I noticed there is a substantial delay when streaming to the Yamaha WXC-50. I was wondering if this is a hardware buffer issue with the Yamaha WXC-50 or if there is some sort of setting that allows to reduce the excessive buffer size on the software side. The Yamaha WXC-50 seems to work well for streaming music, but using it with with video seems to be a no go.
Any help is greatly appreciated.