Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.13 released (Read 87106 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #50
Thanks, so far seems to be working nicely! Embedded cue sheet support is all i need
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #51
Thank you, It's an awesome program Gambit! It's so easy to use and I don't have to go about fiddling with various settings or double-checking to make sure everything is alright.

One feature request I'd like would be 'Send To Tray' that way when full erasing discs it won't come back into focus when using Show Desktop.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #52
One quick question:
Does Burrrn automatically enable BurnProof or other buffer under protection mechanisms that the target drive supports?
I can't find an option related to this issue in the setting menu.

Thanks for all the good work Gambit 

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #53
Does Burrrn automatically enable BurnProof

Yes, AFAIK BurnProof is enabled by default.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #54
Gambit,

Burrrn still mostly works fine for me - great little app it is.  But one thing doesn't work: in 1.13 and 1.14b1, I've tried burning a CUE/MP3 where many tracks are split across one MP3 (tried this with a WAV as well), and Burrrn just stops at the "preparing files" stage.

Any ideas?  I don't always burn files this way, but this is the only way of burning a "mixed" disc without gaps.  Shame it doesn't seem to work!

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #55
Gambit,

Burrrn still mostly works fine for me - great little app it is.  But one thing doesn't work: in 1.13 and 1.14b1, I've tried burning a CUE/MP3 where many tracks are split across one MP3 (tried this with a WAV as well), and Burrrn just stops at the "preparing files" stage.

Any ideas?  I don't always burn files this way, but this is the only way of burning a "mixed" disc without gaps.  Shame it doesn't seem to work!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325822"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Works here. Can you post the CUE?

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #56
i just tried it, and it works great
have one question thou, i don't want to burn wavs always with 0 gap (with normal albums), and don't see in settings that option, what i'm overlooking?
a frag a day keeps the doctor away

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #57
i just tried it, and it works great
have one question thou, i don't want to burn wavs always with 0 gap (with normal albums), and don't see in settings that option, what i'm overlooking?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330608"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nothing, it's not there.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #58
ah, i see now it's not really necessary to add that 2 sec gap in the first place(dunno why nero is doing that thou)

thx for answer anyway 
a frag a day keeps the doctor away

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #59
I think it is useful to have the option to add the 2sec gap between tracks.

There are some CDs that are mastered in annoying fashion of having one track run into next without any relation between the two. I am not talking about nonstop mixes/live or conceptual albums/classical suites, of course.

It is good to have a pause between unrelated tracks, and a PITA to have to add them manually with a WAV editor.  So I think the option should be there, just not default (unlike in Nero).

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #60
Sorry Gambit, I forgot all about this topic... here's that CUE:

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "British Murder Boys"
TITLE "Live at Supersonic Festival 2004"
FILE "British Murder Boys - Live at Supersonic Festival 2004.MP3" MP3
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Supersonic Festival 2004 Intro"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Let's Say He's A Killer"
   INDEX 00 01:03:34
   INDEX 01 01:03:38
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "You Know I Love You"
   INDEX 00 04:48:06
   INDEX 01 04:48:10
 TRACK 04 AUDIO
   TITLE "Clean Air"
   INDEX 00 10:40:51
   INDEX 01 10:40:55
 TRACK 05 AUDIO
   TITLE "I Understand"
   INDEX 00 13:52:10
   INDEX 01 13:52:14
 TRACK 06 AUDIO
   TITLE "Father Loves Us"
   INDEX 00 20:30:28
   INDEX 01 20:30:32
 TRACK 07 AUDIO
   TITLE "Splinter"
   INDEX 00 26:58:07
   INDEX 01 26:58:11
 TRACK 08 AUDIO
   TITLE "Learn Your Lesson"
   INDEX 00 29:50:01
   INDEX 01 29:50:05
 TRACK 09 AUDIO
   TITLE "Don't Give Way To Fear"
   INDEX 00 32:40:68
   INDEX 01 32:40:71
 TRACK 10 AUDIO
   TITLE "Fist"
   INDEX 00 37:28:43
   INDEX 01 37:28:47
 TRACK 11 AUDIO
   TITLE "Apology"
   INDEX 00 43:13:00
   INDEX 01 43:13:04

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #62
Firstly, I just want to say how great you're program is.
I've been searching for a long time for a high quality music burning app which supports all the codecs, and yours is really the best.

I also want to join in and say I too miss the 2 sec gap, and I think an "insert pre-gap" option is a must, even if not as a default.
I burn many mixed cds for the car, and the songs rarely fit gapless.

Anyway,
keep up the good work.

Tspehre

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #63
I have a problem with Burrn, I get this message in disk info:

ERROR: Cannot open SCSI device 'ASPILOCK:0,0,0':
Transport name: ASPI
Transport descr.: Generic transport independent SCSI
Transp. layer ind.: ASPI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: ASPI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported
Open via UNIX device: not supported
Transport name: SPTI
Transport descr.: Generic SCSI for Windows NT/2000/XP
Transp. layer ind.: SPTI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: SPTI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported

or with SPTI on:

?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 12 00 00 00 2C 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s
ERROR: Inquiry command failed on 'SPTILOCK:0,0,0'.
?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s
ERROR: Cannot setup device SPTILOCK:0,0,0.

This is due to my Promise MBUltra133 PDC20276 built in IDE controller, when IDE HDs and DVD-Roms are connected to it, they are seen as SCSI, no way to change this.
If I connect the DVD-ROM to a simple IDE, it burns sloooooooow and gives me write errors.
Anyway, NERO and Imgburn work on my system.
Windows XP sp2, DVD-rom LG H55N fw 1.03 (newest), uninstalled and reinstalled lates aspi drivers.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #64
If Burrrn has:

1) Burning FLAC/MP3 on-the-fly...
2) Ability to insert/remove 2 second gaps inbetween the tracks
3) Verifying after burn.

Then I will drop Nero in the trash. ;-)

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #65
Given that Burrrn uses CDRDAO to burn, 1 and 3 are not possible, and I don't think 2 is either, but I might be wrong.

That is, they're not possible without altering CDRDAO. What's more, I think Burrrn is no longer under active development, but I'd have to ask Matus to be sure.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #66
If Burrrn has:

1) Burning FLAC/MP3 on-the-fly...
2) Ability to insert/remove 2 second gaps inbetween the tracks
3) Verifying after burn.

Then I will drop Nero in the trash. ;-)

1 & 3 i dont care about lol...but yeah #2 would be nice 

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #67
<if needed: step by step tutorial how to burrn a CD and how to set up Burrrn, explaining all the options.>

hi.
where is that step by step tutorial on how to use burrrn to rip from complaint and non compliant cue sheets?

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #68
<if needed: step by step tutorial how to burrn a CD and how to set up Burrrn, explaining all the options.>

hi.
where is that step by step tutorial on how to use burrrn to rip from complaint and non compliant cue sheets?

Burrrn works perfectly for me with both compliant & non-compliant cuesheets, either stand-alone or embedded in flac files.  Just drag and drop the flac or the cuesheet file onto the Burrrrn window and press the "Burrrrrn" button.  That's it for the tutorial.  Really.  It's as simple as that.

The only issues that I've found with Burrrrn are:

1).  It doesn't correctly decode UTF8 encoded stand-alone cuesheets, so I think it's probably best to turn CDTEXT off if your cuesheets are UTF8.

2).  It doesn't correctly deal with files that are dragged 'n dropped from a UNC path.  If your source files are on another computer or NAS, you'll need to map the network path to a drive letter.  Once you do that, drag 'n drop works just fine.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #69
hi all-just downloaded burrn cause i need to burn flac to cd-my first try resulted in a series of error messages-something about track length unable to be determined-any thoughts?   

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #70
hi all-just downloaded burrn cause i need to burn flac to cd-my first try resulted in a series of error messages-something about track length unable to be determined-any thoughts?   

You are probably trying to decode FLAC 2.0 files with the 1.0 decoder that ships with burrrn. Swap it out with the new one.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #71
Thanks! will try that

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #72
one more question please-what folder should i put this in-aol?,startup? does it matter? thanks

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #73
Burrrn does absolutely nothing. Windows XP or Windows Vista, I drag and drop a WAV file that Pro Tools has bounced as a 16-bit 44.1kHz Stereo Interleaved WAV file and Burrrn just sits there and does nothing whatsoever.

Same thing if I click the Add button and choose the file. File is on the same disk as the program, I am administrator, this is the latest version 1.14 (as of this writing).

It's junk.

I've installed CDBurnerXP and Droppix (on the XP machine) and they both add and burn these files without a problem.

Maybe you folks have an earlier version, before it was completely broken beyond any semblance of usability.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #74
Working fine here on XP Pro SP3 and 7 Enterprise, don't slander such a nice app and learn how to update the decoders.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100