Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree (Read 67891 times) previous topic - next topic

Library Tree

Library Tree

Library Tree is a JScript media library viewer.

• Fast and lightweight script.  
    • Compatible with default user interface (DUI) & columns user       interface (CUI).  
    • Supports transparency (requires CUI & panel stack splitter or       similar).  
    • Customisable media library views. Use // to separate name & |       to separate branches. Existing views can be edited or new ones added in       panel properties.  
    • Multi-value tag support. Use %<field>% syntax for fields to       be split, e.g. %<genre>%.  
    • Accurate filter: text and queries (e.g. artist HAS beatles). Gives       same results as DUI album list filter. Both give sorted results so that       query sort operations are N/A. Filter can be hidden.  
    • Keystroke "jump" search.  
    • Smooth scrolling.  
    • Discrete scrollbar; can be resized / hidden. Mouse wheel: page or       standard 3 line scrolling (page = default; change in panel properties).  
    • Colours and fonts: set in foobar2000       preferences for DUI or CUI.  
    • Font size: set with DUI or CUI list font. Or       use mouse-over with CTRL + mouse wheel to zoom the font size (resets if UI font size changed).  
    • Extra custom colour options are in panel properties: presets for auto       fade & blending of colours used by filter & lines plus ability to       set all colours individually.  
    • Customisable node symbols: windows themed or font symbol.  
    • Arrow key navigation + ctrl & shift selection.  
    • Mouse middle button > adds to playlist.  
    • Full context menu on right click.  
    • Panel properties has further options, e.g. display settings       for  "All Music" node,       item counts, alternating row stripes, tooltips, auto-collapse, margin,       tree indent & autoplay.  
    • Access panel properties by right click > options. 
        Requirement: JScript Panel 1.0.7+.

Installation:  Add a JScript Panel to the layout in the  usual way. Click the JScript panel (or right click and choose configure) to  open the editor. Use the tools button to import the Library Tree script.

[/list]

Library Tree

Reply #1
    New Version: Library Tree 0.2

@asionwu:  Thanks for reporting the multi-value splitting issue. Multi-value tag handling  is now done differently and the issue should be fixed.

@falstaff:  Corrected zoom mouse wheel direction. Thanks for reporting.

Fixed a  few other bugs + added some enhancements.

@falstaff - re: thanhdat WSH script

I am  familiar with the thanhdat script and have posted about it on HA. This resulted  in emails from other users, who became frustrated as it became increasingly  broken, due to incompatibility with new versions of wsh / JScript panel, and  other issues with the script. So I was asked if I had done a modified version.  In a nutshell, I found better ways of doing it. The result is a distinctive  script and new code. The library handling / processing etc are done differently  resulting in JScript Library Tree typically being 3-4 times faster. JScript  Library tree also automatically syncs with the media library. Additionally,  JScript Library Tree has lots of stuff / handling absent from the thanhdat  script. The ideas and contribution of thanhdat in showing how it was possible  to code a library view in wsh panel, and of others, is credited in the  acknowledgments in the readme.

just tested, it's a very good panel, congratulations, nothing is missing from what i can see now

Everything working great so far

I've given it a test and I like it. I'll integrate it into my layout. 

tks for sharing! very fast!

Thanks  for the compliments.

Re: Library Tree

Reply #2
    New Version: Library Tree 0.3

@fabiospark - feature added
    @Scrummble - I did look at this in some detail. For me, varying the number of branches from one node to the next according to whether tag info happens to be present or not is rather confusing. I also think there are other ways of doing it, e.g. consistent tagging or conditionally displaying variable info at the end of branches. For these reasons and because the changed jscript library handling needed will slow things down, I am reluctant to add it.
    @fals33 - I have added an option in properties to switch "Auto Fit" off.

CHANGELOG
    - Added a filter that applies before the tree is populated, enabling the tree to comprise different sub-populations of the library. Filters also offer quick access to commonly used queries. The filter can be hidden & has its own zoom.
        - Set filters in properties. Use text or foobar2000 query syntax. Gives sorted results and so sort operations N/A.
    - Fixed multi-value tag handling for fields that foobar2000 automatically remaps.
    - Search box renamed to "Search".
    - Made auto fit optional [set in properties] (auto fit stops clipping of text in the bottom row).
    - Added ability to set colour of custom nodes in properties.
    - Search symbol now opens query syntax help.
    - Fixed speed regression in rare case.
    - Improved handling of views and filters in panel properties.
    - Fixed minor redraw issues.
    - Made compatible with JScript Panel 1.1.0+.

Due to user requests, a separate discussion thread has been started, and future discussion should go here..

The new thread contains updated pictures incorporating the filter and an updated feature summary.

REQUIREMENT CHANGE: JScript Panel 1.1.0+ is now needed

Reply #5
    New Version: Library Tree 0.6

For requirements, see post above

Reply #6
    New Version: Library Tree 0.7

For requirement, see two posts above

Reply #7
    ^ Regarding item counts, I prefer these to sub-item counts + it's difficult to change. I also use m-TAGS. But overall, I think both ways have there advantages and disadvantages.

New Version: Library Tree 0.8

Please post discussion here. Requirement: JScript Panel 1.1.0+.

Reply #8
    New Version: Library Tree 0.9

Reply #9
    New Version: Library Tree 1.0

Reply #10
    ^ Thanks

New Version: Library Tree 1.1

Requirements are unchanged from 2 posts above

Reply #11
    New Version: Library Tree 1.2

Reply #13
    ^ You're welcome.

New Version: Library Tree 1.3.1

Reply #14
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.2

Requirements are unchanged.

Reply #16
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.4: Optimisation under rare scenario.

Reply #19
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.7

Reply #20
    Post removed

Reply #21
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.8

Reply #23
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.9.1

Reply #24
    New Version: Library Tree 1.3.9.2

Requires JScript panel 2.01+ & optionally m-TAGS (foo_tags 1.13+) for creating m-TAGS in batch style using library tree.

Use the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (requires IE9 or later) - select in the JScript panel configuration window (shift + right click).