Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to convert wav to dsd? Step after step. (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Convert .wav or .flac...

How to convert wav to dsd? Step after step.

Also could someone tell me how to convert wav to dsd in foobar2000? Step after step.

Re: How to convert wav to dsd? Step after step.

Reply #1
Also could someone tell me how to convert wav to dsd in foobar2000? Step after step.

Install the SACD component as well as DSD Processor from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/, both are in the foo_input_sacd package.

Install the DSD Converter component from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_converter/

Once both are installed, to go Preferences, Tools, SACD. Set DSD Processor to DSD Processor.

Click on DSD Processor also under Preferences, Tools.

Click next to the PCM sample rate under the Output column and select the DSD rate you want (SACD is DSD64). Click on SDM type and just select C.

Load your PCM-based files in Foobar. Right click, go to convert, select DSD Convert. Set the output format you want (DSDIFF OR DSF). Select your output path and your filename format. Click convert.

Foobar will spit out DSF/DFF files from your WAV/FLAC.

Alternatively; you can search for TASCAM Hi-Res Editor. It will also convert between PCM and DSD and has a price-tag of $0.
SMSL SU-8 -> Little Bear P5 -> Sansui SE-8 - Denon PMA-770 -> Ohm Model L | High-Res Lover | DSD Enthusiast | Mad SACD-Scientist

Reply #2
Thanks a lot!!

Reply #3
No problem. Some things I will note:

DFF files produced by DSD Converter are not SACD compatible, theyre not recgonized by any Philips tools. I've been working on examining the files to figure out why.

Please dont author PCM converts as SACD and try to pass them off any "communities" as a legitimate SACD.

Realtime playback in DSD if thats your goal can be done in Foobar by just activating DSD Processor and playing the file.
SMSL SU-8 -> Little Bear P5 -> Sansui SE-8 - Denon PMA-770 -> Ohm Model L | High-Res Lover | DSD Enthusiast | Mad SACD-Scientist

Reply #4
When i run TASCAM editor i get bluescreen. Can somebody explain why that happens to me?

Reply #5
Sorry. Never had a problem with TASCAM. This would indicate some driver issues with your computer.

Reply #6
Ok, i just realised that the sox convertion gives me the best quality, are there any options to also increase the quality a bit instead of upsampling to dsd128/256? i read something on the forums that filters like sdm can be used but they doesnt work for me. Can you explain me whats the point with these filters?

Reply #7
when i try to convert a song in foobar2000 with a samplerate of 48khz to dsd256 and any SDM i get a file that last about 0.5s and when i select dsd256/48 i get info: Unsupported samplerate 12288000 can someone help me with that?

Reply #8

Install the SACD component as well as DSD Processor from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/, both are in the foo_input_sacd package.

Install the DSD Converter component from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_converter/

Once both are installed, to go Preferences, Tools, SACD. Set DSD Processor to DSD Processor.

Click on DSD Processor also under Preferences, Tools.

Click next to the PCM sample rate under the Output column and select the DSD rate you want (SACD is DSD64). Click on SDM type and just select C.

Load your PCM-based files in Foobar. Right click, go to convert, select DSD Convert. Set the output format you want (DSDIFF OR DSF). Select your output path and your filename format. Click convert.

Foobar will spit out DSF/DFF files from your WAV/FLAC.

Alternatively; you can search for TASCAM Hi-Res Editor. It will also convert between PCM and DSD and has a price-tag of $0.

Looks like the menu has changed since you wrote this is there an updated way to convert high res  wav to dsf? Thanks in advance.

The Tascam program freezes at start up because it doesn't recognize any of my audio cards . I can start it as an admin however the file it spits out is unusable.

MOD edit: Moved reply out of quoted text.