Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC vs RubyRipper/CD Paranoia etc... (Read 3805 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC vs RubyRipper/CD Paranoia etc...

I use Ubuntu on my main home computer and have so far always used EAC running on wine. Having just installed the latest version, I was wondering once again whether any of the native linux rippers like RubyRipper have caught up yet. I realise there are hundreds of similar threads already out there but the vast majority of them do seem a few years old now and, well software does tend to improve over time...

So my question is does any native linux ripper provide exactly the same level of accuracy regardless of hardware as EAC does including AccurateRip etc... as of end 2013?

Reply #1
I also use ubuntu (Lubuntu) and have looked into the same thing myself over the last couple of weeks.

I think morituri has all the features I'd want.  It's command-line driven, but pretty straightforward to use once set up.  Unfortunately it freezes at 99% completion for me.
Rubyripper is more similar to EAC (ie it has a GUI), but I had also had problems with that (can't remember what exactly).
I then tried EAC in WINE and it's flawless, so I guess that's what I'll stick with for now.  I understand that CUERipper works fine with winetricks, so I may try that soon (it's my preferred tool in windows).

Reply #2
I think morituri has all the features I'd want.  It's command-line driven, but pretty straightforward to use once set up.  Unfortunately it freezes at 99% completion for me.

Strange - I have been using morituri on Ubuntu, and it works great.

Reply #3

Strange - I have been using morituri on Ubuntu, and it works great.

I'll try it again soon, it looks great but it froze the whole OS (tried it three times), so quite inconvenient to test.  Perhaps I'll try swapping my Plextor PX130A for another drive.