Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1358909 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3225
I have the same string as you do in the Standard fields section.  I will try a portable installation now to see if it fixes the issue.  Thanks again.

Reply #3226
@xsdaver,

I have just run a test using Discogs Tagger v2.23, same result, 01,...
Could you run same test with same test tracks with both components?
Not discarding Discogger bugs/issues, but apparently I get the same result for %TITLE% in both components.

Reply #3227
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are asking.  When I run Discogs Tagger in x32 Foobar it works as I expect - the title fields are populated correctly.  It doesn't when I run Discogger in x64 Foobar.  Or at least it didn't before I tried a portable installation of Foobar x64.  On the portable installation it is working as expected, so I assume based on previous comments that something in my old configuration is causing the issue.  In the end, having a portable installation of Foobar is good since I use it on numerous machines and this makes it easy to propagate any updates or revisions.  It's just a PITA to get a completely new installation configured to be like the one I've been used to using for the past decades.  In the end, it will be worth it.

I really appreciate all the input to help me with this issue.

Reply #3228
Geez, Discogs.

I agree.... posted that question in the Discogs API forum 10 days ago, nobody cared about it. That's life.
The alternative would be calling the API against a local database.
I normalized the whole Discogs database last year into an SQLite database, and mimicked the API, so who knows what the future will bring for this component?

You can also, if you mind, log into the Discogs API forum and add some comments to 'Master release versions format quantity'.  :(

@xsdaver,

I was just proposing installing two fresh portable installations of Discogs and Discogger, and testing both with a few tagless tracks.
I believe that might alleviate the pressure while getting to know the differences.
The most useful tip I can provide is the difference between both components Write/Update/Write and update modes.
Most people immediately set most to Write and update (from what I heard) which is kind of an equivalent to Discogs Write.

I will be glad to hear from your advances, please do not hesitate to post here any doubts you might have.

Reply #3229
You can also, if you mind, log into the Discogs API forum and add some comments to 'Master release versions format quantity'.  :(
Good idea, I'll head over there shortly.

Reply #3230
Hello.
To draw some picture - I'm using some functions to get Rap credit, and pass it as a featuring. I used some scripts I found here some day. Sometimes value of this credit is filled with original artist name. I wanted to wrap my present script into filter function, and remove from array of all 'Rap' credited artists, artists that are also in Release artist array. But I'm struggling with passing array as a content to filter.

In documentation stays that $filter(A,Q) Removes values in Q from A. Operates at depth D-1 on both A and Q, or depth D in Q if Q is a simple string. Returns an array of similar shape to A, but possibly less wide at depth D-1. If I'm not mistaken - this says, that I could pass Q as an array.

If I make something like: $filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),'aa') I get what I expected: 'bb; cc; c; d'

But if I put there $filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),$filter('aa','c')) I get [Error processing function $filter : Array parameter (2) is too deep.] instead of 'bb; cc; d'

Am I missing something? Why it isn't work?

Reply #3231
Can't edit post above. Formula which isn't work for me is obviously:
$filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),$array('aa','c'))
I get [Error processing function $filter : Array parameter (2) is too deep.] instead of 'bb; cc; d'

Reply #3232
Not sure if this will do the trick, but I think the left-hand array needs to be one level deeper.
I can get rid of the error with:
$filter([['aa','bb','cc','c','d']],['aa','c'])
Although even when I've tried to $flatten the result, I get nothing written.

Reply #3233
Second day:
(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionNetwork error (url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)
[ESCAPE to close]
Foobar 2.1.3 x32/Discogs Tagger 2.23
Before last friday everything was OK.
Any thoughts?