Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: First folder becomes locked when foobar converts to mp3 (Read 3932 times) previous topic - next topic

First folder becomes locked when foobar converts to mp3

Hi

Been using foobar to convert flac to mp3 for a while now but since upgrading to 0.9.6 and 0.9.6.1 beta 1 everytime I convert to mp3 the first folder thats created can't be deleted I get the message "Folder is open in another program" and I must log on and off to delete it. I've tried everything, uninstalled and reinstalled foobar, put the Lame 3.98.2 exe in different places with the same effect. Only happens when the first folder is created, folders that are created after the first one delete fine. Ran Unlocker 1.8.7 on folder seems conime.exe is locking the folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply #2
Windows errors related to conime.exe?

conime.exe is a part of the the Microsoft Windows Operating System and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer.. This process is used when a Asian laguage is used in Windows.

Note: conime.exe could also be a process which is registered as the Input Method Editor Remote administration backdoor tool. This backdoor application can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Note! If your system is using a non western language this can be a legitimate entry.

Reply #3
I found out what was wrong, conime.exe would open when a console or command window (Lame.exe) was opened and the process would not be killed in task manager after closing the command prompt, so the folder could not be deleted hence the "Folder is open in another program" message. When Mar2zz said that it was used with the Asian Language Pack I checked the reginal settings and then keyboard settings and deleted all languages except the one I was using. This solved it as conime.exe does not launch when a command is opened and so I can delete the folder. Problem solved.

Thanks for the replys.

Reply #4
i have the same problem, but my language is croatian (hrvatski). it has a latin alphabet, except for a few special characters...
i have no asian language installed and have no need for 'left to right reading order' and such. (i think conime.exe has something to do with that...)
i know this is not the right forum for that, but how can i disable that?

using vista sp1

Reply #5
For me a simple registry tweak fixed the conime process issue - conime_fix.reg is for 32 bit Vista, conime_fix_x64 is for 64 bit.

Reply #6
@Case:
thank you!