Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [@Case] Mass-copying tags between files (Read 2434 times) previous topic - next topic

[@Case] Mass-copying tags between files

Hi,

is there any way to mass-copy tags from file to file with Tag? For example, I have an album in MPC format, and a FLAC copy for archival (with exactly the same file names). I'd like to copy all tags from the MPCs to the FLAC files (not the APE tag itself of course, I mean APE -> VorbisComment), because re-writing all those "Composer" and "Producer" tags (which, unfortunately, happen to be different from track to track in some cases) would be a pain for several albums.

I tried using --fromfile with wildcards, but that didn't work out.

Thanks in advance ,

Dominic

Reply #1
edit: oops.

Reply #2
While waiting for Tag to have native support for task like this, use copytags. It is simple and uses Tag to do the copying, but it should work
Command syntax: copytags <source dir> <destination dir>.

Reply #3
This is *awesome* service! (w00t)

It works excellent! Thanks a lot, man.