Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac support in lamedropxpd? (Read 11396 times) previous topic - next topic

flac support in lamedropxpd?

im one of those types who rips all of my cds to flac for archiving, then uses oggdropxpd to transcode them to vorbis files for portable use.

however, sometimes i need to transcode them into mp3s instead, and was wondering if flac support was still being planned for lamedropxpd or not.

im using dbpoweramp for now, which works perfectly well enough for me, but id like the ease of use of drag and drop for big batches.

Reply #1
im one of those types who rips all of my cds to flac for archiving, then uses oggdropxpd to transcode them to vorbis files for portable use.

however, sometimes i need to transcode them into mp3s instead, and was wondering if flac support was still being planned for lamedropxpd or not.

im using dbpoweramp for now, which works perfectly well enough for me, but id like the ease of use of drag and drop for big batches.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308811"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe!!

Reply #2

Maybe!!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309100"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To john33:  Obviously, take your time, but I do remember you mentioning that eventually you would translate all the new feature set of oggdropXPd to lamedropXPd.

To lohot:  If he did this, we would get flac support, and that would be great!  Btw, I use dbpoweramp now as well for this purpose, but only because the feature isn't in lamedrop.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #3

Maybe!!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309100"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Member #114 would great appreciate this support as well! 

Reply #4
Hey john33.  Any more thought about getting LamedropXPd to support FLAC files?  I see another request in a different thread for this convenience.  Just checking.

Reply #5
I am also interested in having flac support for LameDropXPd.

With LameDropXPd, I'm able to set my mp3 device as the output target.. it's very convenient. I'd like to be able to drag and drop my flacs, though!

How 'bout it, John?

Thanks!
--  tung  --
http;//tung.co

Reply #6
I'd be very interested as well, lamedrop is a nice program, but with flac support it would be awesome!
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #7
@john33
In the case you'r still working on FLAC support for LameDropXPd. Could you think about including a option to copy cover metadata from the FLAC(Vorbiscomment) to the mp3 (id3v2)?
And maybe you could use the same file renaming options like oggDropXPd?

Just suggestions!  ;-)

Anyway great tool!

Reply #8
@john33
In the case you'r still working on FLAC support for LameDropXPd. Could you think about including a option to copy cover metadata from the FLAC(Vorbiscomment) to the mp3 (id3v2)?

Just suggestions!  ;-)

Anyway great tool!

That would be part of the plan, eventually!!

Reply #9
Ok, thanks!

Reply #10
john33 I want to thank you for LameDropXPd!

And I just want to cast another vote for FLAC support in LameDropXPd ;-)

Reply #11
Then, let me add another voice to the crowd

Reply #12

@john33

Just suggestions!  ;-)

Anyway great tool!

That would be part of the plan, eventually!!

I hate to be picky, but the request goes back to 2005. Do you have an ETA for adding FLAC?
Glass half full!

Reply #13
I hate to be picky, but the request goes back to 2005. Do you have an ETA for adding FLAC?

Amazing!! Where does the time go!!  I'll try to have something done within the next few weeks.