Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 148236 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #501
Could we see a ARM64 or ARM64EC windows builds. I know there sliver of people who own arm64 devices, but gaining just a some more performance out of native builds helps. I can run the x86/x64 builds but they do take more to run under emulation.

Reply #502
Playlist (DUI)
- Ability to customize the colors of the clickable rating stars, i.e. set unticked stars to grey to better differentiate them from the populated stars.
- Group statistics (item count, rating, etc) ala SimPlaylist
- Sticky headers when scrolling ala SimPlaylist
- Sub group headers ala SimPlaylist

Item Properties (window)
- Add the ability to quickly copy album art from one track to others. Either through context menu copy and context menu paste, or by drag-and-drop from one properties window to another.

+100500
AFAIK, SimPlaylist is not updating anymore and developer abandoned it (well, it's better than good in current state, anyway), so it would be really nice to get it's feaures in default playlist view in DUI. 

Reply #503
@Frank Bicking has three components in the repository. I am grateful for Facets - at first it was just a neat piece of candy, but with the statistics it has become more essential to me, so ... good thing that one is re-implemented in foobar2000v2.

I don't want to pull a "f... you I got mine" on the SimPlaylist fans, but I am not gonna yell at the author more than a mention every now and then; the souce code wouldn't be bad.

Reply #504
Hi :)

\foobar2000\profile\dsp-presets folder is very convenient.

But, I want you to remove the character limit and frame limit of DSP chain presets.

https://i.imgur.com/mGcdMPn.png

Thanks.
Hi :)

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 13 32bit 64bit:
DSP Manager > Active DSPs > DSP chain > presets

Standard installation: \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000-v2\dsp-presets\.fb2k-dsp
Portable installation: foobar2000\profile\dsp-presets\.fb2k-dsp

.fb2k-dsp name can now be edited.
It has a long name. Reflected after editing.

https://i.imgur.com/YB1G1xd.png

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #505
Hello,

I would really like foobar2000 to support seeking when playing files over HTTP(S) when the server reports Content-Length.

Even if it's done inefficiently, like multiple requests following a single seek.
And downloading whole mp3 until the seek point is OK, just want it to work exactly like from a disk, but over HTTP using Range header.

Ideally, on the first seek request foobar2k would make a second connection to check if the server actually supports Range/206, and if it doesn't would disable seeking for this file.

Huge thanks in advance!

Reply #506
A Screensaver function would be nice.
To save my oled burning in and waisting energy it would be nice if the program weakens the brightness to a lower level after xx min.

Reply #507
Seems to me that's outside the scope of foobar. That's more of an OS thing.

Reply #508
Any plans for:
-  'stream selector' element to Default User Interface toolbar and
- new audio output device management features - unwanted devices can be disabled, bit depth and DSP can be configured per-device (both from v2) to be implemented in v1.6....?

Reply #509
I am basically spamming at this point, but Please! hear me out, there are full width character versions for all the illegal unicode characters, in this unicode website there is a list of all full-width characters, putting in the term "Fullwidth" in the search field will bring up the list. Please! look into this topic.

Reply #510
Is there any chance to implement a native playback rate (tempo/Pitch independent) in the final 2.0 release?

Reply #511
Hi, everyone.  As a longtime user of the software, I would like to make a few comments about the new versions.  I have sufficiently tested the new version 2.0 both as 32 bit and as 64 bit.  since i don't use either the playback statistics or the album list, i think it's a pity that they can't be deactivated.  these are very resource hungry especially when starting the software.  I find the new ReFacets useless because there are no album covers and no possibility to combine several tags.  the 64-bit version is currently out of use because I can't find a playlist view that comes close to the el playlist.  so that's enough criticism.  I also find great praise for Peter: still the best audio player in the world.  thank you frank

Reply #512
I would like to see foobar2000 autosave its playlist position more often, at least once at the end of every track.

Sometimes I let foobar2000 play for hours on end and then Windows blue screens, and the playlist position is reset to many songs before when I relaunch foobar2000. It's annoying.

Reply #513
Is there any chance to implement a native playback rate (tempo/Pitch independent) in the final 2.0 release?

Native 2.0 support for foo_dsp_effect is being worked on. Major updates are being done to cater the backlog of things people wanted added to it.

Reply #514
Playback statistics linked (again) to  artist + album + disc number + track number + track title information.

Reply #516

Native 2.0 support for foo_dsp_effect is being worked on. Major updates are being done to cater the backlog of things people wanted added to it.
I do this once in a bloodmoon to ruin my listening experience in exchange for comedic effect.

Reply #517
I do this once in a bloodmoon to ruin my listening experience in exchange for comedic effect.
...but those of us who play music for dance need it.  Prior to v2 (I believe) it is only supported in DUI not CUI.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #518
Configurable Tag caching to put performance problems on big libraries to an end on 64 bit systems with enough RAM.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123044.0.html

Reply #519

hurdur, now you know why I made them to begin with. And why ideally they shouldn't be used by anyone because they ruin "the artist/developer's original *artistic vision*"

Whatever the hell that means anymore.

Reply #520
Peter, can you reconsider?

X

If the converter has created multiple output folders from one source folder - could you please add a suboption to copy files to the multiple target folders?

Simple use case:

1. Album with Symphony No. 1 and 2 - FLAC source in one folder
2. Tagets will be in "DEST\Symphony No. 1\" and "DEST\Symphony No. 2\"

As it currently is, fb2k has copied files only to the first folder.

Reply #521
I guess this is the place to make requests for V2.

The feature "remember layout for this playlist" is a welcome addition to foobar2000. However, it seems I can't copy a layout and apply it to other playlists. The best I can do is switch the grouping scheme, but that doesn't load custom columns.

Request: It would be awesome if foobar V2 had a proper playlist layout manager. I would like to setup a full playlist layout and then apply that layout to multiple playlists. And if I update a layout, it would update all the playlists.
This. It also doesn't remember column resizing consistently as reported elsewhere.

Reply #522
Since version 1.6.7 foobar can read per-track REM COMMENT in cuesheets. My wish is that it could also read per-track FLAGS or even better - an arbitrary field which could then be retrieved using $info(X), $meta(X) or similar function e.g.:
$info(FLAGS)
$info(ISRC)
$info(REM DISCNUMBER)
$info(REM TOTALDISCS)
$meta(REM CATALOGNUMBER)
$meta(REM DISCSUBTITLE)

Reply #523
adding another "Please add sub grouping to playlist view (DUI) a la SimPlaylist" request. It's vital for how I use foobar.

Reply #524
hello

foobar mac os

in PREFERENCES -> SHELL INTEGRATION -> ALWAYS SEND FILES TO NEW PLAYLIST
there could be option that takes e.g. 8 characters of Artist/Album or Title/Track Artist and use it
for new playlist name

bests