Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQUEST] Lyrics Panel (Read 6070 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Would be awesome to have a panel with configurable backround and font that would be able to display lyrics retrieved from the http://lyrc.com.ar/ service... amaroK uses that service for their lyrics panel too, so any module writer could be able to adapt the code from amaroK to a foo_uie panel

Thanks in advance,
C00I90WN
Random number generation is too important to be left to chance

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #2
Would be awesome to have a panel with configurable backround and font that would be able to display lyrics retrieved from the http://lyrc.com.ar/ service... amaroK uses that service for their lyrics panel too, so any module writer could be able to adapt the code from amaroK to a foo_uie panel

Thanks in advance,
C00I90WN

[up160.zip]   foo_uie_lyrics_panel(0.33.3)   176kB   2006/04/30(Sun)00:18   foo_uie_lyrics_panel.zip

http://foobar.s53.xrea.com/up/files/up160.zip

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #3
but that one doesn't use the http://lyrc.com.ar service :/ only retrieves from meta or file

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #5
mmm using two different extensions for the same purpose, and it doesn't even retrieve it automatically?
Well ok, but the two devs should team up and also add automatic lyrics retrieval

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #6
mmm using two different extensions for the same purpose, and it doesn't even retrieve it automatically?
Well ok, but the two devs should team up and also add automatic lyrics retrieval

I agree that the plugin should be able to download lyrics, but I would not like it to be automatic without the ability to toggle that function. The reason is because there are many songs in my list that I have noticed like to bring up many different hits on minilyrics by several different bands. If it automatically downloaded then it might not pick the right one and I would have to do it manually anyways. But my fear is that it will be buggy and overwrite lyrics that I have already spent a long time editing with timestamps.
Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not. -- Havel

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #7
Well, first of all we need a component that get's done, don't we? That's why I've made this post after all, also what I don't like in the current implementation I have(with the two components) is that I have to write the lyric to a tag, I think it would be better if it would only show them on the fly, without writing to the file, of course an option to toggle writing of tags would be awesome for people that doesn't have an always connected machine... Well I don't know, doesn't seem that anyone is interesting in doing this component  too bad...

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #8
I too would really like to see a component that just displays lyrics 'on the fly' - ie, if no local lyrics are found it searches a web database for the current song and displays a result. then it could have a button to save those lyrics to a file or tag if required.

not sure if this would be best added to a current plugin or created as a new alternative. the lyricsdb database could be one source of data, also the new site www.lyricwiki.org is apparently implementing an api...

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #9
that lyricwiki is pretty nice, it would be awesome to have it in the search database

[REQUEST] Lyrics Panel

Reply #10
I didn't knew about lyricwiki, I really like it  well that would be an awesome base for this new component, if a dev is willing to take it  I hope they release an API as Avatar_888 says they will