Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pioneer DDJ ergo won't play sound through foobar (Read 3085 times) previous topic - next topic

Pioneer DDJ ergo won't play sound through foobar

Good morning everyone, I have a DDJ Ergo USB DJ controller/sound card and I would like to use foobar with it this coming weekend to play some tunes.. when I try to play an mp3 through the latest version of foobar I get the following error message: Unrecoverable playback error: Audio data format not supported by this device (0x88780064) I am trying to play an mp3 and it plays back perfectly fine in Traktor and Winamp, just not foobar.Any suggestions?

Reply #1
Initial thoughts, make sure you're not decoding MP3 to anything other than 16-bit or similar? It's usually exactly what the error message says, that you're trying to output data that it doesn't support like setting foobar to 24-bit when the Ergo only accepts 16-bit or similar for sample rate.

Reply #2
I usually get that error with WASAPI if I try to output at different number of channels, different bit depth or sampling rate that my device does not support.

Reply #3
I see the DDJ comes with its own Asio driver. Have you installed the foobar2000 Asio support component? You should then be able to chose the Asio driver under preferences->output->ASIO

Reply #4
I see the DDJ comes with its own Asio driver. Have you installed the foobar2000 Asio support component? You should then be able to chose the Asio driver under preferences->output->ASIO

Problem solved.. thank you very much

Reply #5
Well that was easy. Glad to help. (But read the manual next time. They are made for a reason)

Reply #6
And don’t just dump threads in General Audio because you don’t feel like thinking about where they should go. This should have been in fb2k\General or, possibly, Audio Hardware.